Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients Asking For Samples In Interviews

juliadip4
Julia D Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
1 of 2

Hello, freelancers? How are you?

I've been working on Upwork for over two years now as a translator/proofreader/trasncriber, and in the past six months I've noticed that tens (and counting) of clients have been asking me for samples...not some job from my portfolio, but the translation of a piece of text they got. I'm not talking about a paragraph just. Many times they'll ask me to translate 2 pages or more. In the beginning I did the sample job for them, but they usually just disappeared...and the funniest part is that these clients asking for samples usually interview a great number of candidates and hardly ever hire at all.

The last couple of times this happened to me I immediately flagged the clients, and whenever they ask me for a sample now (which means all the time) I tell them did they know it's a violation and that they could be banned, and so on...Now, I think it's very important that we just stop (whoever is still doing that) doing samples for free so that then they won't have a choice but pay for the sample if they need one. Let's work together on this! Thanks.

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 2

Hello Julia,

I'm sorry that you had experienced this using our platform. Please click this link to help you learn how to avoid questionable jobs. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS