🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients Excel Not Working
Page options
f1b58fb6
Community Member

Clients Excel Not Working

Hi, I recently built out this dashboard in Excel for a client. Spent days working on it, specifically building out the backend of it using PowerPivot and PowerQuery. Every day or so I would send the client the file to look over. Right as the project was wrapping up and I was making the final edits to the dashboard, my client shared how his dashboard no longer refreshes and thus no longer works. Being that I thought I must have made a mistake in the Excel that led to this happening, I spent 8+ hours searching for a solution, free of charge. I have had my client try everything and even though he's running a newer version of Excel, I think the problem is his Excel, not the file. This is because when I send the exact same file to my other computer, it works just fine. With that being said, does anyone have any idea on how to handle this situation without leading to a bad review? I just started out on Upwork (this is actually my fourth job) and I don't know what to tell my client. The only thing I could think of is I could offer to build out the dashboard in Data Studio for him rather than Excel. Although, would that be something I should do free of charge being that the dashboard he paid me for ended up not working for him?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nyonomega0
Community Member

Explain to the client all that you explained here and ask him/her if they would consider you building the dashboard in Data studio instead of excel. Choosing to charge additionally for that is your decision.

I recently dealt with an issue like this where I had to alter ebooks from Docx to PDF, however, the end result kept showing alignment issues when looked through MS Word. I explained to my client everything and he comprehended the issue.

Hope it works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nyonomega0
Community Member

Explain to the client all that you explained here and ask him/her if they would consider you building the dashboard in Data studio instead of excel. Choosing to charge additionally for that is your decision.

I recently dealt with an issue like this where I had to alter ebooks from Docx to PDF, however, the end result kept showing alignment issues when looked through MS Word. I explained to my client everything and he comprehended the issue.

Hope it works.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members