🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients Not Responding; Help Center Not Worki...
Page options
jenantan
Community Member

Clients Not Responding; Help Center Not Working

Backstory: I have two clients/contracts that are active at the moment. One of the clients seems to have some issue with his billing or something and Upwork kept suspending and reinstating his account. I've asked this client if he wants to pause/end our contract but I've not gotten any response from him. The second client is still active in group messages BUT does not (as of recent) respond to our one-on-one messages. I've asked her too if she wants to end our contract but haven't heard from her in weeks.

I have (had?) a great relationship with these clients so I'm wondering they've both stopped responding to me. At first, I thought it was my Upwork messages, like a glitch or something. But, other messages from other folks come thru, so it can't be that. 

I tried contacting Help Center but wow it doesn't work! I've tried two browsers and still doesn't work.Keeps looking me back to the same page or does do anything. Help please

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Jenan T wrote:

I've asked her too if she wants to end our contract but haven't heard from her in weeks.

I have (had?) a great relationship with these clients so I'm wondering they've both stopped responding to me. 

I tried contacting Help Center but wow it doesn't work! 

Why would you need to contact the help center for that? If clients don't respond for a long time, just close the contracts.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jenan T wrote:

Backstory: I have two clients/contracts that are active at the moment. One of the clients seems to have some issue with his billing or something and Upwork kept suspending and reinstating his account. I've asked this client if he wants to pause/end our contract but I've not gotten any response from him. The second client is still active in group messages BUT does not (as of recent) respond to our one-on-one messages. I've asked her too if she wants to end our contract but haven't heard from her in weeks.

I have (had?) a great relationship with these clients so I'm wondering they've both stopped responding to me. At first, I thought it was my Upwork messages, like a glitch or something. But, other messages from other folks come thru, so it can't be that. 

I tried contacting Help Center but wow it doesn't work! I've tried two browsers and still doesn't work.Keeps looking me back to the same page or does do anything. Help please

If the clients don't respond, maybe they don't need anything from you at this point. Focus on other things. What do you expect the help desk to do?

I expect the Help Desk to help.
I've read several times that contracts that aren't active or are stagnant (I don't remember the exact word) will work against me in terms of success rate. Also, I've read somewhere in one of the Upwork help articles that in some cases, the freelancer may need to contact Upwork to in reach out to clients who are unresponsive.
petra_r
Community Member

Jenan T wrote:
I've read several times that contracts that aren't active or are stagnant (I don't remember the exact word) will work against me in terms of success rate. 

Then close them if it worries you. Those are the only choices: Leve them open or close them.  But generally contracts with money paid are harmless as far as the JSS is concerned, I have contracts open that I only work on once a year and they have never hurt my JSS. In fact, I have some utterly dead ones from 2+ years ago.

Jenan T wrote:
Also, I've read somewhere in one of the Upwork help articles that in some cases, the freelancer may need to contact Upwork to in reach out to clients who are unresponsive.

That is a horrific idea. If you were a client and a freelancer chased Upwork after me, I would indeed close the contract immediately, and leave feedback that reflects just how I would feel about being harassed by someone. You've written to those clients. They know you have. They know where you are. They know how they could contact you if they wanted to.

The fact that they're not tells you all you need to know.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths