🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients-Scammers in The Upwork
Page options
hordiienko_petro
Community Member

Clients-Scammers in The Upwork

Dear Community,

I want to bring to your attention a concerning trend we've observed recently. There have been instances where scammers are attempting to deceive users by persuading them to run shared source code locally. I strongly advise against this practice. Running shared source code locally poses significant security risks, as it could potentially expose your system to malicious attacks or unauthorized access.

Instead, I recommend utilizing dockerization as a safer alternative. Dockerization allows you to isolate applications and their dependencies within containers, providing a secure environment for testing and deployment. By containerizing your applications, you can mitigate the risks associated with running shared source code directly on your system.

If you encounter any suspicious requests to run shared source code locally, please refrain from doing so and report the incident immediately. Additionally, feel free to reach out to me if you need assistance or guidance in handling such situations. Together, we can help protect our community from falling victim to scams and safeguard our online security.

Thank you for your attention, and stay safe online.
Best regards, 
Petro Hordiienko

1 REPLY 1
hordiienko_petro
Community Member

Make sure to review all files thoroughly and be vigilant for lengthy scripts that may raise red flags.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members