cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients Should Help Freelancer to Balance Connects.

feroz39
Md Feroz H Member Since: Sep 6, 2013
1 of 20

As UpWork freelancer has 60/limits monthly Connects. I know it has a perfect reason. Freelancer bid to a job that they can do. But the problem is there are many more competitors in this market place. So, Clients have more than one choice to select candidate. As they need one/specific number of freelancer they just ignore other for the job even there are many freelancers has the same qualifications.

I want to ask to UpWork that there are any ways to say to those clients that 'Please decline the bid/applications for balance of Freelancer's Connects'?

This is very important for a freelancer to keep walking to this marketplace. I hope UpWork will take a step about it.

What do you say freelancers? Is it not good for you?

Regards,

Feroz

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 20

"What do you say freelancers? Is it not good for you?"

Nope.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
3 of 20

No, I'm quite happy with it as is. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 20

Giving my vote to the 'happy as it is" suggestion.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 20

Me too!

Happy as is.

I posted a job yesterday and was flooded with spam applications (but found the most fantastically talented graphics guy so it was worth the pain!)

I wish I could have a button that automatically deducts 10 connects from each of the **Edited for Community Guidelines** lazy freelancers who sent me copy paste nonsense instead of properly replying to my very specific and detailed job posting....

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
6 of 20

@Petra R wrote:

Me too!

Happy as is.

I posted a job yesterday and was flooded with spam applications (but found the most fantastically talented graphics guy so it was worth the pain!)

I wish I could have a button that automatically deducts 10 connects from each of the idiots  lazy freelancers who sent me copy paste nonsense instead of properly replying to my very specific and detailed job posting....

I hear you on that. It must be incredibly frustrating for clients to have to wade through the generic replies.

petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 20

@Cathleen C wrote:

I hear you on that. It must be incredibly frustrating for clients to have to wade through the generic replies.

The thing is: I am a freelancer, so I KNOW how incredibly irritating it is to see job postings that have little or no detail - making it really hard to write a meaningful proposal (AND quote accurately!)

So I went out of my way to include as much info as I could, and was really surprised to see that all but 3 just wrote completely irrelevant stuff.

I wish I could have hired all three who took the time to properly refer to what I described.

Not only does it make sense, but if someone creative does not read the job description properly, how are they going to translate my vision into an image? They're clearly not interested in what I want or need.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
8 of 20

@Petra R wrote:

@Cathleen C wrote:

So I went out of my way to include as much info as I could, and was really surprised to see that all but 3 just wrote completely irrelevant stuff.

What I don't understand is why are they wasting their connects on a job they are not qualified to do and obviously don't seem to do anything right to try and get the job. It's like you're being spammed but at 2 connects a piece I don't understand their rationale. 

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 20

@Jean S wrote:

What I don't understand is why are they wasting their connects on a job they are not qualified to do and obviously don't seem to do anything right to try and get the job. It's like you're being spammed but at 2 connects a piece I don't understand their rationale. 

The thing is, some of them may well have been more than qualified. But they didn't bother telling me.

I hired one guy with good history, and one brand new one, because both showed enthusiasm for MY particular project and made sure I knew they understood and cared about what I want.

Some of the rest had great portfolios, but clearly didn't give a da*m what I wanted.

I have no idea why they wasted their connects. The other weird thing was the huge range of prices quoted. One quoted 10% of the budget when it was clear that what I wanted would take someone considerable time to create

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
10 of 20

I have also learned that there is software that will apparently let these people blanket apply for jobs, whether they qualify or not. I suppose it is using a numbers game...apply for 20, maybe get 1 job. Apply for 200, increases your chances. I don't know the name of the software, and I never wasted the time trying to find it because I would never use it, but I think it explains a lot.

Apparently it offsets the cost of using all the connects, otherwise it would be pointless.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS