cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients Should Help Freelancer to Balance Connects.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
11 of 20

Can't wait to see your koala/dolphin combo logo.

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
feroz39
Md Feroz H Member Since: Sep 6, 2013
12 of 20

OK, I understand. But did you diclined those 2 application?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 20

@Md Feroz H wrote:

OK, I understand. But did you diclined those 2 application?

I hired two and declined the rest.

You DO understand that when a client declines your application you do NOT get your connects back, right?

feroz39
14 of 20

What i understand is I always write the cover latter with my hand and relevant word that client need. My hire percentage is also well and i am happy with that. When a client decline a application the Connects are back to freelancer. As you say most of spam i agree to you. But as i say i really write with my hand. I get hire avg 7-8 times and get replay 10-12 times if i use all my Connects. I think it is sign of my well writing. What about other applications? Client never declines my applications. I am satisfied with my hire rate. I don't care about client decline or not. But it not means this is good for everyone. I think most client never care about it. As you say you were cut 10 Connects to the freelancer. But you have no right to do this and to say this.

What do you say?

petra_r
Community Guru
15 of 20

@Md Feroz H wrote:

When a client decline a application the Connects are back to freelancer.

No.

When a client declines an application the connects are NOT given back!

feroz39
16 of 20

Really?

Now I’m confused about it. But this article is saying different thing. Can you take a look first paragraph of this article?

https://support.upwork.com/entries/61069964

petra_r
Community Guru
17 of 20

That is NOT when the client declines. That is, as it says, "If a project is cancelled without forming a contract with any freelancer" - nothing to do with declining.

feroz39
18 of 20

I see... thank you!

feroz39
19 of 20

Congratulation!!!

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
20 of 20

Feroz,

Two thoughts:

• The connects system is meant to discourage thoughtless and inappropriate bidding. You say you bid with care, and the system is working for you. I say, leave well enough alone.
  • Clients should not help freelancers do anything, or Upwork do anything. They should post well-defined jobs at decent pay, behave decently as clients, and pay promptly. Upwork should bring nothing to clients' attention that does not have to do with their receiving timely and competent work and being able to pay for it—least of all matters that help freelancers or Upwork manage their businesses.

Best,

MIchael

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS