🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients Won't End Contracts, so I Did. No...
Page options
mizmycoli
Community Member

Clients Won't End Contracts, so I Did. Now, I Wish My Feedback Section Looked Better.

Hello, please advise.

I'm not liking the number of "No Feedback Given" I see on my profile.

Is there a way I can have them deleted or moved down so that the reviews which give a true representation of my work show up first?

Now, I had some clients and completed their jobs successfully, then they stopped communicating. I would text from time to time to inquire if they'd be interested in us working together soon, but they wouldn't respond. Also, I pleaded with them to end the contracts so that prospective clients will know I'm not too busy to take on their jobs. Some of them didn't respond. However, those who did, left fantastic feedback and I'm thankful.

Eventually, I took it on myself to end the contracts hoping they'd leave feedback, but they haven't.

I feel like the absence of feedback on my profile is overwhelming, and I'd like to have something done about them. What's your take?

Greetings,
Ij.
Life and love is my religion. I believe that miracles are normal.
8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Ijeoma I wrote:

Is there a way I can have them deleted or moved down so that the reviews which give a true representation of my work show up first?

Not possible... (Well, it is theoretically "possible" - you could fully refund them all, but whilst that would remove them from your history, it would also leave you without the money and that would be silly...)

In future, just don't close a whole bunch of them at once. Close one or two, then leave it until you had a few contracts closed with feedback, close one or two more and so on.

Thanks, Petra.

As a top-rated freelancer, isn't there's an option to remove some feedback, or it's not applicable this time?

Also, while sending proposals, do you think it's okay to mention my profile situation to clients? How do you feel it's best to go about it? Help, please.

re: "Also, while sending proposals, do you think it's okay to mention my profile situation to clients?"

Please don't.

Clients are here to get your help. Not the other way around. Clients care about themselves and their projects.

And your profile page looks fine, by the way. You have 100% JSS. You are Top Rated. You have an informative portfolio. Please don't be Usain Bolt apologizing that he didn't run faster.

This tip helped. Thanks for the reality check.

Ijeoma I wrote:

Thanks, Petra.

As a top-rated freelancer, isn't there's an option to remove some feedback, or it's not applicable this time?

No, only to have it replaced by "This feedback has been removed" which is 10000 times worse than "No feedback given" and totally needless in your case.

It can also only be used once every 3 months and every 10 contracts

Ijeoma I wrote:

Also, while sending proposals, do you think it's okay to mention my profile situation to clients? How do you feel it's best to go about it? Help, please.

There is no need. There is nothing at all wrong with a few "No feedback given" contracts on your profile.

Thanks, Petra.

Now that I look at it again, I feel better. More like grinning from ear to ear.

robin_hyman
Community Member

In the future when the project is complete, request for the client to end the contract and provide feedback.  The client will be more likely to oblige immediately.  

Thanks for this tip, Robin.

I applied it and the response's been fantasticSmiley Happy

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths