🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients advertising job $20 fixed rate for vi...
Page options
27976d7e
Community Member

Clients advertising job $20 fixed rate for video editing?

I have seen a few clients advertise $20 for a whole video edit, (a 10min socal media edit for example) . They are from the UK or USA quite often.  So I understand, is this an hourly rate or is it for the job outright, meaning a fixed fee when finished?

Best regards

Julian

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If it was an hourly rate, it would say so. Clients are allowed to post projects for as little as $5 fixed price.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If it was an hourly rate, it would say so. Clients are allowed to post projects for as little as $5 fixed price.

Gosh I think it was a fixed rate job. That is an absolute disgrace for a UK company to pay that. 😖

They weren't necessarily from the UK; people post projects with fake locations.

what kind of video editing 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Julian,

Some clients have no idea whatsoever how much their projects should cost.

You can always submit a proposal at the rate you think your skills and experience justify.

And never forget that payments to you for hourly projects have real payment protection from Upwork; fixed price contracts are at much higher risk of non-payment by the client (so, if possible, avoid fixed price contracts with clients you don't already know).

You are right

81f2681a
Community Member

This is free market, anyone has rights to set their prices and offers as they wish. I don´t think prices must be regulated by Upwork. If you think the client is offering a budget too litle, just don´t apply for his job. Yes, there is some freelancers that will accept low budgets, let them apply, its their right.

If a client has unrealistic expectation like editing 10 minutes video for just $20, let him as he is, they will soon or later realizes that he must spends more to get a more quality job done. Be sure that those who applyed to his job post is beginners whith low quality editings.

A potential client offered me $20 to draw his game entirely! I said to him that this is nonsense, the budget is very low and he must raise a lot his budget or I wouldn´t do the job. He said "There is a lot of other high quality freelancers that accepted this budget, if you don´t get the job, I will give to another", then I said "Ok, let one of yours high quality professionals do it. I won´t do it for this budget.". A week later, he came back asking me again if I could do his job, he said that the "high quality freelancer" that he hired for just $20, stole all tilesets, images and assets from internet and delivered to him. Well, for this ridiculous price, this is what he would get.

27976d7e
Community Member

Agreed, it is very poor. There are too many like this being advertised.  I had a few invites that were a good rate and won a job or two. But that has just stopped for no apparent reason.

2a5be193
Community Member

Hello Greetings,  I'm Abdulaxis by name from Lagos state Nigeria,  please help me out on how start winning jobs on upwork,  I'm new to this site, hope to hear back from you ASAP, thanks you for been there for me 

27976d7e
Community Member

I've seen a lot of this. I just ingore them. Useless!

Yes, just wanted to gets started work on here, and having issues like this , what's should I do if I see something like this next time Screenshot_20230123-094325_Freelancer - Upwork.jpg

elisa_b
Community Member

Nothing. 

shadab1a
Community Member

i can not see any problem here, however, if you could be more specific so I can encounter the problem 

01a1a29d
Community Member

I solved

8eca707b
Community Member

Yes

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members