🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients and Preferred qualifications
Page options
sundusrashid
Community Member

Clients and Preferred qualifications

Hi Everyone
I want to ask 2 questions;
1. What factors i should consider when choosing a client other than verified payments and hiring rate?

2.  Is it worthy to apply for the jobs that i can do easily but  do not  meet the qulifications such as:

• Job Success Score: At least 90% 
  • Include Rising Talent: Yes
3 REPLIES 3
aalasolutions
Community Member

Hi Sundus,

When I go for a client, I do look in their past projects. I do look the rate in which client hired any developers and also what sort of feedback they are giving and getting. This gives me a idea that if I get a good feedback on my work done or not.

This also gives me the idea by reading reviewes they got, like how much technical knowledge they have, how he is dealing with different type of developers. What is his attitude towards giving feedback. 

For example, one of my client wrote to me all good, best service and perfect response time, but gave me 4 star rating 🙂 .. still not bad for me. 

If client is new to upwork, then only way to know about client is by bidding and then communicating with them. 

Regarding applying to jobs, yes if you are confident you can do it, or can learn the skill go for it. I have got some big clients which asked for specific experience which I didnt had, but quick searching over internet gave me confidence that I can do it. To convince the client I usually explain the process I would follow to complete their project, so at the end I got complement like "I liked that he definitely knew what he was doing and he was super quick! He understood what I wanted to do and even gave an example of how he would do it in the proposal. Wish all freelancers could be this easy to work with."

Thanks

Aamir

fmkellerman
Community Member

Hi Sundus,

I always check the hourly rate which the client has paid, even if it's a fixed-price contract. If they pay 5$/h, I know they'll only offer peanuts so I don't need to apply.

When I got started on Upwork, I did apply for - and get - a few projects which I wasn't technically "qualified" for. Perhaps if there's only one criteria that you're missing and you're willing to take the time to write a good letter it's worth the connects. 🙂

kat303
Community Member

Sundus R wrote:

Hi Everyone
I want to ask 2 questions;
1. What factors i should consider when choosing a client other than verified payments and hiring rate?

2.  Is it worthy to apply for the jobs that i can do easily but  do not  meet the qulifications such as:

• Job Success Score: At least 90% 
  • Include Rising Talent: Yes

------------------

1. I look at how much they've paid freelancers in the past I look at their feedback.  For new clients, it's pretty much up to me. I submit my proposal for as much as I can learn from the job's description. I also have interviews before accepting any jobs and the way my questions are answered, or information given can help me to determine what type of client they might be. 

2. The JSS at least 90% is the default setting. You can still submit proposals if you don't have a JSS score or if it's below that percentage. As for Rising Talent, that just Includes rising talent (or newbies) That doesn't mean you have to have a rising talent score. 

Always choose jobs in which you have the skills and experience to complete. Clients want their work done, they don't want to teach you, and freelancers are not on here to learn a skill. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members