🐈 Community

Clients are not responding to either provide more works or end the current contract.

I have 4 contracts that are running without any active milestone.

Note That: I have knocked the client several times to end the contract while there's no more work to do. But, the client's are not responding.

Are these contracts can affect on reducing my JOB SUCCESS RATE? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r

@Md Arannyk M wrote:

Note That: I have knocked the client several times to end the contract while there's no more work to do. But, the client's are not responding.

Yes. It's because clients are horrified that they hired someone who claims to have "native or bilingual" English skills and in reality their English is somewhere between "basic" and "conversational" and in no way enough to even dream of "writing" in that language.

To offer "writing" services when your English is so poor is nothing short of fraud.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
remco89

If you want to end the contracts you can. The only reaosn for not doing so is that they aren;t forced to provide feedback. I have been in the same situation before - not 4 though - and just ended the contracts.

My question is about the JSS. How Upwork treats me for the "No Feedback" contracts? 

petra_r

@Md Arannyk M wrote:

I have knocked the clients several times to end the contracts while there's no more work to do. But, the client's are not responding.

What *IS* affecting your Job Success Rate is your claim to have "native or bilingual" English skills and when clients hire you they find out that your English is a very long way from even "fluent" - let alone "native or bilingual..."

This leads to clients either leaving poor private feedback or running screaming the other way when they receive your deliverables.

People who over-promise and under-deliver and flat out lie about their skills tend to eventually  (thankfully) sink like a stone on this platform.

Thank you for identifying my error.  I'm sorry for the mistake. 

petra_r

@Md Arannyk M wrote:

Yes. It's because clients are horrified that they hired someone who claims to have "native or bilingual" English skills and in reality their English is somewhere between "basic" and "conversational" and in no way enough to even dream of "writing" in that language.

To offer "writing" services when your English is so poor is nothing short of fraud.

"I have knocked the client several times..."

That's probably your problem right there.

Try to avoid knocking the clients. Most of them don't like it very much.