🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients are not responsing to my job prop...
Page options
farhadul778
Community Member

Clients are not responsing to my job proposals

Hi,

I was top rated freelancer here and hold batch almost 2 and half year so far I can remember. From end of last year I was in a break and away from upwork. As a result I lost my top rated badge as my income down below 1000USD. Now since last month I back to here and trying to bid in projects. Last month I got a poor feedback for a small project which was just 50USD. It was not just my fault actually. Sometimes I can't satisfy all clients. Since then it seems to me clients are not even reading my proposal. I am not even getting job invitation.I am feeling frustrated.

Could anybody please review my profile and give me some valuable advice please? I am really feeling frustrated 😞

Thanks in Advance

Farhadul Islam

6 REPLIES 6
yitwail
Community Member

Farhadul, advice won’t make the 2.2 star feedback go away, and that’s one of the first things clients will see when they look at your profile. So you need to write outstanding proposals and when you do get another job, you have to do amazing work so you get a 5 star feedback. Until then, be patient and persistent. You could have refunded the $50 and made the 2.2 feedback disappear but you didn’t, so spend the $40 you received for that job to buy connects if you have to.

I thought if I refund that amount then it will still make a bad impact on my JSS as he will cancel the project without paying any amount.

Farhadul I wrote:

I thought if I refund that amount then it will still make a bad impact on my JSS as he will cancel the project without paying any amount.

True, but the reason for that is private feedback, not that the client doesn't pay. But the verbal feedback is worse than a little decrease in JSS.

After then poor feedback I just saw now that my JSS back to 100% again where last week it was down to 96%. I really having some hard time getting response from clients. I hope, this time I will get some response.

I am also scared because I just add my title Shopify last week where I was WordPress Dev so far and placed more then 10 proposal without getting any response from clients. I just hope upwork will not count that I am spamming to client so early and banned me 😞

I mean I about to serve Shopify along with WordPress where till last week it was only WordPress service mentioned in my profile Title. Already placed 10+ proposal with no response back from client is my worry. in case upwork count me I am spamming and banned my profile !

Farhadul I wrote:

I thought if I refund that amount then it will still make a bad impact on my JSS

Refunding wouldn't make the impact on the JSS any worse. The private feedback is what affects the JSS. The refund, as such, has no effect at all.

Martina P wrote: But the verbal feedback is worse than a little decrease in JSS.

There wouldn't be any additional decrease in JSS at all.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths