🐈 Community
barronrandall

Clients can't figure out how to leave feedback.

Here's is the culmination of the conversation I just had w/ a prior client and leaving feedback:

"I give up....I have tried and tried to find a way to leave feedback....it is not possible.

I have opened another job to fix the bugs.....I can leave feedback on that job...(I think)...but I am at a loss as to how to do it on the previous job. I promise that I have no issues with giving you the highest ratings possible....I love the work you did for me and want to continue our relationship, etc."

This is what we're up against. I have to now educate my client on how to leave feedback because apparently, accourding to my client and the client who posted the Observations from client's perspective thread, it's very easy for a client to miss this.

Come on Upwork.....this is not workable.

I give up....I have tried and tried to find a way to leave feedback....it is not possible.

I have opened another job to fix the bugs.....I can leave feedback on that job...(I think)...but I am at a loss as to how to do it on the previous job. I promise that I have no issues with giving you the highest ratings possible....I love the work you did for me and want to continue our relationship, etc.
I have opened another job to fix the bugs.....I can leave feedback on that job...(I think)...but I am at a loss as to how to do it on the previous job. I promise that I have no issues with giving you the highest ratings possible....I love the work you did for me and want to continue our relationship, etc.I give up....I have tried and tried to find a way to leave feedback....it is not possible.

I have opened another job to fix the bugs.....I can leave feedback on that job...(I think)...but I am at a loss as to how to do it on the previous job. I promise that I have no issues with giving you the highest ratings possible....I love the work you did for me and want to continue our relationship, etc.
I have opened another job to fix the bugs.....I can leave feedback on that job...(I think)...but I am at a loss as to how to do it on the previous job. I promise that I have no issues with giving you the highest ratings possible....I love the work you did for me and want to continue our relationship, etc.I have opened another job to fix the bugs.....I can leave feedback on that job...(I think)...but I am at a loss as to how to do it on the previous job. I promise that I have no issues with giving you the highest ratings possible....I love the work you did for me and want to continue our relationship, etc.I have opened another job to fix the bugs.....I can leave feedback on that job...(I think)...but I am at a loss as to how to do it on the previous job. I promise that I have no issues with giving you the highest ratings possible....I love the work you did for me and want to continue our relationship, etc.

UPDATE: One client sent this screenshot and asked what to do.....can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
creativedigit

Randall,

bear in mind that you're not allowed to expose your client's full name to the public, so you'd better fix that screenshot and blur out the client's name.

Regards,

W

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randall,

It looks like it's been longer than 14 days since the contract was ended. That's why the client can see your feedback and can't provide his anymore. Note that Upwork feedback system is double-blind, which means feedback becomes visible once both parties provided it or 14 days after the contract is ended.

If you go to your contract details, you should be able to enable your client to change feedback for you. They will then see the link to provide feedback.

Also, note that your post that contained private information has been removed.

~ Valeria
Upwork
barronrandall

Okay, thanks. Sorry about the info, that's the screenshot the former client sent me via Skype, I just uploaded it here.

This does however point out the flaws in the new scoring system. If lack of feedback is going to be so detrimental to a freelancer's score, and therefore his/her ability to find work, then the feedback system should be clearly explained to the client, with GREAT BIG BUTTONS AND ARROWS POINTING TO THEM, so that it is not something that can be so easily overlooked.

I have two satisfied clients who did not leave feedback and it has tremendously impacted my score, which is now at 69%. The third client, whom I also know to be happy w/ my work, cannot be reached apparently.

I think paying 10% of my pre-tax earnings to you should preclude me from having to have these uncomfortable conversations, or walk my clients through a process that should be your job frankly.