🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients can't leave me a feedback/low success...
Page options
ary_eel
Community Member

Clients can't leave me a feedback/low success score

Hello! So I need help, I figured out that almost all my clients I had never ended a contract, and I saw my job success score is low (70%) even do I finished all my jobs successfuly!! So I figured I must end all my contracts so that Upwork can read my success? I did that yesterday and left feedback to all my clients, and and they said they would leave me a good feedback as well. Now, the problem happened that client contact me after I ended a contract that he can now no longer leave me the feedback as the contract was ended by me. How did Upwork didnt warn me about this?? I worked hard the last year only on Upwork to now having a low job success score even though I finished all my jobs on a high note with very happy and satisfied clients and now I wont be able to get new ones. That's not fair at all, I'm begging you to review my job success score, it can't be low If I never had a bad client. You have to let my clients to be able to leave a feedback, all my work is flushed down the toilet now. Or at least review my job success score!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nyonomega0
Community Member

Whenever you want feedback, the best thing to do is to let the client end the contract. Whoever ends the contract must leave feedback.

Hana B wrote:

I did that yesterday and left feedback to all my clients, and and they said they would leave me a good feedback as well.

Did you ask your clients if they'll leave good feedback? You should not do that, ever.

Hana B wrote:

Now, the problem happened that client contact me after I ended a contract that he can now no longer leave me the feedback as the contract was ended by me.

No, the other party can STILL leave feedback (if they want to) no matter who ends the contract. They should be able to leave you feedback. (unless it's a glitch on Upwork's side)

ETA: It looks like it is a technical glitch. Wait until it gets fixed and then politely ask the clients to leave you feedback.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
nyonomega0
Community Member

Whenever you want feedback, the best thing to do is to let the client end the contract. Whoever ends the contract must leave feedback.

Hana B wrote:

I did that yesterday and left feedback to all my clients, and and they said they would leave me a good feedback as well.

Did you ask your clients if they'll leave good feedback? You should not do that, ever.

Hana B wrote:

Now, the problem happened that client contact me after I ended a contract that he can now no longer leave me the feedback as the contract was ended by me.

No, the other party can STILL leave feedback (if they want to) no matter who ends the contract. They should be able to leave you feedback. (unless it's a glitch on Upwork's side)

ETA: It looks like it is a technical glitch. Wait until it gets fixed and then politely ask the clients to leave you feedback.

Thank you, maybe the client did not know how to do it or is some glitch, yes! I hope someone from Upwork can see the profile or smth to see where the problem is! I left a good feedback to all of them, but in the future Ill ask them to end the contract. I did not ask them to leave a good feedback, I just asked them nicely if they can leave a feedback ☺️ I had great connection with all my clients and would be very sad to have a low job success score or if they couldnt give a feedback back.

petra_r
Community Member

Sigh.

First of all, your JSS is low because of a poor outcome(s).

Someone left you poor private feedback. Was there a cancelled or fully refunded contract that isn't showing on your profile? You wouldn't normally have a JSS at all after just 2 completd contracts.

Secondly, all the clients whose contracts you so rashly closed CAN leave feedback by simply going to the closed contract, where they find a "Feedback" tab, on which they can click and then leave feedback.

It was a really bad idea to just close all those contracts and then hassle the clients for feedback.

What you should have done was to just encourage the clients to close the contracts if they have no further work for you. That way you would have been guaranteed feedback from them.

ary_eel
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

It isn't rushing if months passed from some of my old contracts, I didn't know I have to bother them to end it, I wanted to help and to the job myself if they didn't do it already after months. I saw on Upwork YouTube that's how you do it. 

Second, I had a few clients who left without saying a word - and then when I saw there profile, figure out they found someone new for 5 $ an hour, even though they agree on my price and was happy with a draft. 

So how is this my fault? 

With all my other clients I had a  great connection, I always worked long after midnight if they needed quick help, and they were all happy with me, I don't do bad work cause I don't take jobs I can't do. I only had one client where I saw this isnt for me/them and we ended on a good note immediately.

petra_r
Community Member

Well, someone DID leave poor private feedback, which is why you have a low JSS. There is no question about that, there can be no other reason.

Hana B wrote:

It isn't rushing if months passed from some of my old contracts, I didn't know I have to bother them to end it, I wanted to help and to the job myself if they didn't do it already after months. I saw on Upwork YouTube that's how you do it. 

It was rushed. You just closed all those contracts in one day, creating a whole wall of (currently) "no feedback" contracts. Not a good look at all.

And you saw an Upwork video that advised you to simply close a whole bunch of contracts all at once and then ask the clients for feedback?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ending contracts yourself = typical newbie mistake. 

So I figured I must end all my contracts so that Upwork can read my success? 

Not even a newbie mistake, just a complete lack of knowledge how upwork works. 

ary_eel
Community Member

I apologize to the expert! 😂

So what is this then? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZuy1sVMwEE&t=228s

petra_r
Community Member

Hana B wrote:

1. That is not an "Upwork video". It's made by some random freelancer. It' also not very clever. It even contains false information.
  2. But even that video does not say "Please mass-end contracts yourself"?

In future, encourage happy clients to end the contract, which means you will get feedback 100% of the time when the client closes the contract. It also means you don't have to ask for feedback which is far better.

You're now stuck with a wall full of "No feedback" contracts and having to chase clients to try and remedy the situation. And a poor JSS.

Not good.

Hana B wrote:

I apologize to the expert! 😂

A random youtuber?

Maybe get your information from upwork directly? (They say that the client should end the contract.)

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Now, the problem happened that client contact me after I ended a contract that he can now no longer leave me the feedback as the contract was ended by me. How did Upwork didnt warn me about this?? 

Nothing to warn about since it isn't true. 

shikari3917
Community Member

I am also facing this issue.

I ended the contract so that's why I lose job success rate 💔

That's very disappointed. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members