🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients don't respond to my messages.
Page options
e825750a
Community Member

Clients don't respond to my messages.

I had three clients that interviewed me and after sending me the first message, they don't respond to my answers anymore. But I checked that on the three projects, I'm the one that is interviewed.
4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Bruno S wrote:
I had three clients that interviewed me and after sending me the first message, they don't respond to my answers anymore. But I checked that on the three projects, I'm the one that is interviewed.

Stop messaging them. They know how to find you should they decide to hire you. 

In fact I never message them more than two time. What I wanted to know is if it's due to something on my profile.

I think it happens to everyone. Maybe they hired someone else (not necessarily through Upwork), maybe they didn't like any of the candidates or my first response wasn't inviting enough. Maybe they even had some urgencies to attend in their personal live and they needed to postpone the project. Maybe they simply forgot.

There could be a lot of reasons why anyone would send a message and then remain silent. I never thought the profile was one. I always assumed they must have already checked the profile the first time they got back to me.

In any case, my advice is: don't spend energy tracking jobs and clients (if they interviewed someone else, if they hired someone else, ...). Your energy will be better spent doing work or submitting new proposals.

roberty1y
Community Member

I don't see anything wrong with your profile, except that it would be better if you could get your JSS past 90 percent.

Clients message freelancers all the time and then disappear. Sometimes they hire someone else, sometimes they hire nobody. The only thing to do is forget about them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members