🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients don't want to end contract?
Page options
chester_onah
Community Member

Clients don't want to end contract?

I have successfully completed 3 jobs and Client just left 5 stars and never said a thing. Same client gave me another job, and I have completed job and delivered for over 4 days now, client didn't end contract or even drop a feedback. And it is affecting me, I get replies on proposal but no hires. How else do I convince the clients that I am not working and completed the jobs? It shows jobs in progress. This is really disturbing me. I started up fine to get good reviews but the clients are not giving it.. advise is needed please.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
zoeadel
Community Member

Hi Onah,

Well done on getting your first jobs on Upwork!

As you say you have one completed job with 5 stars - that's good news.

You also have 2 jobs currently 'in progress' because the contract is still open. this makes sense because as you say, the client hasn't ended the contract yet.

I don't think that your job in progress will impact your hire rate, it can be competitive and getting jobs is not always easy, you joined in June and getting 3 jobs in that time, I think is very impressive. Keep submitting proposals, more will come.

I suggest as it's only been 4 days you leave the contract open. Give your client some time to come back to you. Do not close the job yourself. I would never close a contract within the first month as clients can take time to respond as they're busy with other things.

Be patient, I think 4 days without a response is nothing to worry about. Be diligent and check in with your client every now and again - check-in to see if they received the work or if they want revisions etc. 

To confirm - I don't think having these jobs as work in progress will stop people from hiring you. One of the contracts, the hourly one should be absolutely no bother to you at all, as you will get paid in time.

Good luck!
Zoe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
zoeadel
Community Member

Hi Onah,

Well done on getting your first jobs on Upwork!

As you say you have one completed job with 5 stars - that's good news.

You also have 2 jobs currently 'in progress' because the contract is still open. this makes sense because as you say, the client hasn't ended the contract yet.

I don't think that your job in progress will impact your hire rate, it can be competitive and getting jobs is not always easy, you joined in June and getting 3 jobs in that time, I think is very impressive. Keep submitting proposals, more will come.

I suggest as it's only been 4 days you leave the contract open. Give your client some time to come back to you. Do not close the job yourself. I would never close a contract within the first month as clients can take time to respond as they're busy with other things.

Be patient, I think 4 days without a response is nothing to worry about. Be diligent and check in with your client every now and again - check-in to see if they received the work or if they want revisions etc. 

To confirm - I don't think having these jobs as work in progress will stop people from hiring you. One of the contracts, the hourly one should be absolutely no bother to you at all, as you will get paid in time.

Good luck!
Zoe

Zoe A wrote:

Just make sure, OP, that you don't get so diligent you keep badgering the client for feedback.

After the first reminder to close the contract, repeated attempts to pester the client reportedly produce no result at best, or backfire, at worst.

tlbp
Community Member

Are you here to get paid or have a pretty review history? 

I cant get paid, if i don't have good background history to warrant clients to hire me. Most of them looks at the ratings And amount earned before they even try to award a job. Yes i need the rating now more than the money.
d173df1a
Community Member

I have successfully completed 3 jobs and the Client just left 5 stars and never said a thing. The same client gave me another job, and I have completed the job and delivered it for over 4 days now, client didn't end the contract or even drop feedback. And it is affecting me, I get replies on proposals but no hires. How else do I convince the clients that I am not working and completed the jobs? It shows jobs in progress. This is really disturbing me. I started up fine to get good reviews but the clients are not giving it.. advice is needed, please.

Hi Muhammad,

I took a closer look at your account, and It seems like you haven't established any contract yet (Completed or In progress). Generally, your feedback will appear on your Upwork profile up to 24 hours after your earnings are processed on the contract. Once hired on Upwork, your work with clients will appear on your profile under "Work History."

Regarding your concern about requesting client feedback, you may want to check this help article to learn how it should be done tactfully.

~ Arjay
Upwork
935d1fa9
Community Member

Reach out to the client and politely ask if everything is satisfactory with the work you've delivered. You can express your willingness to make any necessary revisions if they have any feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths