🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients having difficulty accepting my pr...
Page options
smiller7
Community Member

Clients having difficulty accepting my proposed contracts

Recently I've been having issues with clients who are unable to accept the contracts that I propose.

For one client, I had worked with them before and clicked the "Propose new contract" button. She said that when she tried to approve it, she was taken to a blank screen. I withdrew and sent two or three different proposals but she was never able to accept.

For another client, it was with someone I had never worked with before, and I clicked "Propose Custom Contract" after she messaged me about a package in my Project Catalogue. She said the page just never loaded.

In both cases, my clients were able to create contracts themselves and send offers that way, but it would be nice if I was able to propose contracts myself in the future. I'm wondering if any other freelancers have experienced it and if it's something Upwork is able to check on. Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seth,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. If this issue happens again, feel free to reach back to us and we'll gladly look into it and assist you and your client accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

It's happening to me for the 3rd time. My clients are unable to accept my custom proposed contracts. 

hassanmushtaq169
Community Member

Recently I've been having issues with clients who are unable to accept the contracts that I propose.

For one client, I had worked with them before and clicked the "Propose new contract" button. She said that when she tried to approve it, she was taken to a blank screen. I withdrew and sent two or three different proposals but she was never able to accept.

It has already happened with 2 clients and they had to send me a direct offer. Can it be sorted?

Hi Hassan, 

It looks like you were already assisted through a support ticket. If your clients are going through any issues, they can always reach out to us here, or by filing a support ticket. Hopefully, this gets resolved soon. 

Let us know if our team can further assist you with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes, but I have not received any appropriate answer to my issue. Can you please check what's the exact problem?

Hi Hassan, 

Feel free to follow up on your chat support ticket by going to this page of your account. Since you only filed a ticket for this concern today, it's unlikely that our engineers have thoroughly investigated the issue your clients are experiencing. I'm also not sure if they have already reached out to our Customer Support Team. Rest assured that once they reach out and provide more information about their experience, it will be investigated further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, 
I have talked to the support regarding this issue as it has happened 6th time in a row. The clients are unable to send me offers. They all have one reply in common which is; "When we click Send Offer button, the screen keeps loading. One of my clients recorded a screen video for me and I can surely send in a private support ticket to ensure customer privacy. 
However, when I talked to the support, they promised me to initiate a support ticket but it's not been initiated yet. Can you please check this technical fault?

hassanmushtaq169
Community Member

Hi, I have talked to the support regarding this issue as it has happened 6th time in a row. The clients are unable to send me offers against the custom contracts I propose to them. They all have one reply in common which is; "When we click Send Offer button, the screen keeps loading". One of my clients recorded a screen video for me and I can surely send in a private support ticket to ensure customer privacy. However, when I talked to the support, they promised me to initiate a support ticket but it's not been initiated yet. Can you please check this technical fault?

Hi Hassan,

I can see that ticket #33829504 is open on your account about this. You should be able to see it here.

~Andrea
Upwork
6f82b559
Community Member

Good day,

I am currently experiencing this issue. I am unable to accept a proposal and fund the escrow. I click the approve and fund escrow but nothing happens.

Please advise on a solution.

Z.

Hi Zico,

I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, I am having the exact same problem. I proposed a contract to a new client with whom we agreed on terms. He said he accepted the proposal and even funded the first milestone with confirmation from his bank account but nothing happened on Upwork. As I see from the community it is a common and frequent issue. How can it be solved? 

Hi Giorgio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket for this. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. They will reach out to you soon to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
gagannb
Community Member

I am having the same problem. When approving my proposed contract the client is seeing a blank screen. There was a misunderstanding with them regarding this matter. About which there is a ticket open. Later yesterday the client shared the screen with me and showed that the problem was actually from Upwork.

For this same reason, my contract was not approved. They were saying that Upwork is malfunctioning. But yesterday after 15 days I came to know about this matter.

And immediately stated it on the ticket. But no solution yet. Tomorrow he was anxiously waiting to know what solution Upwork was going to provide. But unfortunately, I have not received any reply yet. My ticket number is 36003961. Can I get any solution?

Hi Haradhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. When everything is in one place, we can be more efficient in assisting you.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths