🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients messed up installation, script couldn...
Page options
tanujwadhwa
Community Member

Clients messed up installation, script couldnt run, asks to leave 5 stars

Hi Team,

One of my client just messed up the installation and couldnt run the script. He wasnt  willing to screen share, so I had to send him commands and web references to help him follow the screen from there. Dont know what he messed up.

After 1 hr we both agreed to cancel this and refund. The project is billed hourly.

Now he says please leave 5 stars only, which is ok, but i dont know what he has written hoping, he did the same thing.   but He selected "end contract"  option instead of cancel contract.

Now what should i do ? if it is billed hourly, so do i have to click refund option now (which is Zero at the moment) or once he gets the invoice he will mention something there or I have to then select refund option after the invoice has been generated?

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

It was a mistake to end the contract before removing the time. Had the contract still be open, you could have simply deleted the time. Now you have to wait until the client has been charged and then refund.

With nothing paid, there will be no visible feedback on your or the client's profile. 

Hi Petra,

thanks for your reply. Actually over the call he agreed for cancelling to initiate a new project specifically for whatever he wanted as he menitoned so many options so I informed I can do that in Python , to which he replied ok go ahead.

instead of cancelling he ended. 

I think i wll have to wait for the invoice and then refund.

I was just wondering , will refund impact my score also ? 

Tanuj W wrote:

Hi Petra,

thanks for your reply. Actually over the call he agreed for cancelling to initiate a new project specifically for whatever he wanted. 

Why in the world would a client do that when they already have an hourly contract and why did they refuse to pay you for your hour's work? That does not sound like a happy client. Happy clients do not refuse to pay their freelancers.

Tanuj W wrote:

instead of cancelling he ended.  

There was no way to cancel because there was already an hour logged

Tanuj W wrote:

I was just wondering , will refund impact my score also ? 

Only if the private feedback was poor.

there isnt any issue with feedback. otherwise why would he want 5 stars forhimself

he couldnt do it based on screens , which all of us and even my non technical client coulds .

he messed up something and thats ok, not everyone is 100% successful in first attempt.

He though of going with another option. for which he sais he will create a new job post and cancel this one .

Its was 1$2 hourly and it did that in les than 40 min, so it isnt much amount to refuse a refund.

Tanuj W wrote:

He though of going with another option. for which he sais he will create a new job post and cancel this one .

So, have you got the new contract yet?

Tanuj W wrote:

did that in les than 40 min, so it isnt much amount to refuse a refund.

Oh. You said an hour. I still don't understand why a happy client demands worked time to be refunded from a freelancer they want to work with again. What kind of client does something like that?

Hi

I will wait for the invoice and then refund

Tanuj W wrote:
I will wait for the invoice and then refund

So, did you already receive the new contract then?

nopes, and he hasnt created any new post too.

i think i will have to wait for this holiday period and then contact him.

Tanuj W wrote:

nopes, and he hasnt created any new post too.

I don't think there will be a new contract. The whole "I need you to refund me then I'll rehire you" story didn't make any sense at all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members