🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients never ended the contracts, now my...
Page options
ivanblogger
Community Member

Clients never ended the contracts, now my JSS got affected, what can be done?

Hello Dear Community, 

A very good day to you all. 

A few of my clients never ended their contracts. After waiting for a long time and several messages to them with no replies, I ended those contracts. And then, my 100% JSS got down to 88% and now, it is affecting my current work. 

In such situation, what can be done? 

Thank you. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ivan A wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I thought client not providing feedback/not ending contract affected my JSS. 

Only if you have an insane percentage.

Ivan A wrote:

Also 6 contracts that ended in the last 2 years, only two clients provided feedback, others didn't provide a feedback.

Nope. 6 clients left feedback. Of those 3 left 5 stars, 3 left less

Stars are the public feedback. All clients who leave public feedback also leave private feedback.

You can see your average private feedback over the lifetime of your profile under "Clients who would recommend me" on your My Stats Page

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Ivan A wrote:

A few of my clients never ended their contracts. After waiting for a long time and several messages to them with no replies, I ended those contracts. And then, my 100% JSS got down to 88% and now, it is affecting my current work. 

Why do you think those "no feedback" contracts affected your JSS?

There are mainly 2 things which, in almost all cases, affect the JSS negatively:

• Contracts with nothing ever paid at all ($ 0 paid for the whole contract)
  • contracts with poor private feedback.

"No feedback" contracts don't hurt unless you have an insanely high percentage.

A client knocking stars off for both skills and quality is usually a good indication that the private feedback was not great for example.

Of the 6 contracts that ended in the last 2 years (maximum timeframe for the JSS) only half ended in 5 stars.

There may also be a reason why so many clients refused to leave feedback.

Thanks for the info.

Also 6 contracts that ended in the last 2 years, only two clients provided feedback, others didn't provide a feedback. Did they gave a private negative feedback? It doesn't make sense becasue why would they utilize my service continuously in that case, right? 

Ivan A wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Only if you have an insane percentage.

Ivan A wrote:

Also 6 contracts that ended in the last 2 years, only two clients provided feedback, others didn't provide a feedback.

Nope. 6 clients left feedback. Of those 3 left 5 stars, 3 left less

Stars are the public feedback. All clients who leave public feedback also leave private feedback.

You can see your average private feedback over the lifetime of your profile under "Clients who would recommend me" on your My Stats Page

Also I ended those contracts due to no response for a long time, they did not and most of those contracts were initiated more than 2 years ago. 

It would be very nice of you if you could help. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths