Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Clients never ended the contracts, now my JSS got affected, what can be done?

ivanblogger
Active Member
Ivan A Member Since: Jul 2, 2018
1 of 5

Hello Dear Community, 

A very good day to you all. 

 

A few of my clients never ended their contracts. After waiting for a long time and several messages to them with no replies, I ended those contracts. And then, my 100% JSS got down to 88% and now, it is affecting my current work. 

 

In such situation, what can be done? 

 

Thank you. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

Ivan A wrote:

A few of my clients never ended their contracts. After waiting for a long time and several messages to them with no replies, I ended those contracts. And then, my 100% JSS got down to 88% and now, it is affecting my current work. 

 


Why do you think those "no feedback" contracts affected your JSS?

 

There are mainly 2 things which, in almost all cases, affect the JSS negatively:

  • Contracts with nothing ever paid at all ($ 0 paid for the whole contract)
  • contracts with poor private feedback.

"No feedback" contracts don't hurt unless you have an insanely high percentage.


A client knocking stars off for both skills and quality is usually a good indication that the private feedback was not great for example.

 

Of the 6 contracts that ended in the last 2 years (maximum timeframe for the JSS) only half ended in 5 stars.

 

There may also be a reason why so many clients refused to leave feedback.

ivanblogger
Active Member
Ivan A Member Since: Jul 2, 2018
3 of 5

Thanks for the info.

I thought client not providing feedback/not ending contract affected my JSS. 

 

Also 6 contracts that ended in the last 2 years, only two clients provided feedback, others didn't provide a feedback. Did they gave a private negative feedback? It doesn't make sense becasue why would they utilize my service continuously in that case, right? 

 

 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Ivan A wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I thought client not providing feedback/not ending contract affected my JSS. 


Only if you have an insane percentage.

 


Ivan A wrote:

Also 6 contracts that ended in the last 2 years, only two clients provided feedback, others didn't provide a feedback.


Nope. 6 clients left feedback. Of those 3 left 5 stars, 3 left less

 

Stars are the public feedback. All clients who leave public feedback also leave private feedback.


You can see your average private feedback over the lifetime of your profile under "Clients who would recommend me" on your My Stats Page

View solution in original post

ivanblogger
Active Member
Ivan A Member Since: Jul 2, 2018
5 of 5

Also I ended those contracts due to no response for a long time, they did not and most of those contracts were initiated more than 2 years ago. 

 

It would be very nice of you if you could help. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS