🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients not leaving feedback affects the ...
Page options
mukarramkhalid
Community Member

Clients not leaving feedback affects the job success score

Hi,

I have completed about 240 jobs on Upwork and I've never received a single less than 5-star feedback. 

But there are cases when clients do not leave feedbacks and no rating because they are either in a hurry or not responding anymore.

My first question is, how do we handle these situations?

The second question, if a client does not leave feedback, does that affect the job success score of the freelancer? I think it does. Because, as I said, I've never received less than 5-star feedback. But my job success score is still 99%. About 20 out of my 240 jobs received no feedback and no rating.

I know 99% is a pretty good score already. But I miss that 1% Smiley Frustrated

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mukarram K wrote:
Chances are you got some less  enthusiastic private feedback or had a contract that never led to any earnings.

Is there a way to verify this? Should I reach out to Upwork support and open a ticket?

No.

Mukarram K wrote:

To be honest, I don't understand this concept of private feedbacks. How are we supposed to learn and improve if we don't even know what the feedback is?

The system is not there for you to "learn and improve"

Most clients just leave 5 stars by default unless the client was utterly dreadful!

Private feedback is simply a way for clients to give their honest opinion privately.

Your JSS is 99% - you have nothing to worry about.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Mukarram K wrote:

I have completed about 240 jobs on Upwork and I've never received a single less than 5-star feedback. 

I've never received less than 5-star feedback. But my job success score is still 99%. About 20 out of my 240 jobs received no feedback and no rating.

You don't have enough "no feedback" contracts for it to affect you.

Chances are you got some less  enthusiastic private feedback or had a contract that never led to any earnings. The stars are largely irrelevant.

Chances are you got some less  enthusiastic private feedback or had a contract that never led to any earnings.

Thank you for a quick response.

Is there a way to verify this? Should I reach out to Upwork support and open a ticket?

To be honest, I don't understand this concept of private feedbacks. How are we supposed to learn and improve if we don't even know what the feedback is?

Mukarram K wrote:

No.

Mukarram K wrote:

The system is not there for you to "learn and improve"

Most clients just leave 5 stars by default unless the client was utterly dreadful!

Private feedback is simply a way for clients to give their honest opinion privately.

Your JSS is 99% - you have nothing to worry about.

vipulsh
Community Member

Hi Petra,

This is a follow-up on this thread.

The client giving a good rating but leaving no comment, would impact the jss?

re: "The client giving a good rating but leaving no comment, would impact the jss?"

Zero impact on JSS.

petra_r
Community Member

Vipin S wrote:

The client giving a good rating but leaving no comment, would impact the jss?

No. Absolutely not. What really counts is the private feedback, not the stars. The comments (or absence of such comments) have absolutely no effect on anything. The algorithm that calculates the JSS can't read.

vipulsh
Community Member

Thank you for responding and answering my queey, Petra. Really appreciate it. 🙂
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths