🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients not looking at my portfolio! Not ...
Page options
designspot

Clients not looking at my portfolio! Not checking my proposals.

Got a quite bugging situation here on UpWork. Wonder what are your thoughts about it and how can I improve.

I always try to select just a few project posts to bid on, I write quite personalized proposals, with links to my previous projects that match very well with what the client has in mind.

I get very poor response. It's like people don't even open my applications. My links and my case studies or sample files are not accessed.

What could be the problem?

5 REPLIES 5
purplepony

Vlad, sometimes it can be either "feast or famine" here.  I checked out your Profile; I quickly noticed one item that may be causing you challenges.  Your response time to Invitations is < 3 days.  Most Clients prefer within 24 hours.  Many will wonder if it takes you a while to even respond to Invitations; how well will you communicate with them during a project.

I also noticed something else that doesn't have to do with your question but thought you should be made aware.  I don't think having your personal website on your Profile is allowed in Upwork's TOS (Terms of Service.) 

@Pat M wrote:

I don't think having your personal website on your Profile is allowed in Upwork's TOS (Terms of Service.) 

Only if there is a way to contact him from the said website, which doesn't seem to be the case (or I'm really stupid because I was unable to find any contact link).

If the site is only a portfolio site, it's fine.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Rene, thanks for the clarification.  As you could tell, I wasn't totally sure and didn't take time to find out.  Now I and whomever reads this will know.  Smiley Wink  

Indeed, no contact info provided on the portfolio page.

designspot

Yes Pat, I know the UpWork market since a long time ago. Maybe I should accept that most of the clients here look for the cheapest alternative and don't care much about quality. My problem is to qualify the ones that don't, because I had found great clients that I work long term right here.

Maybe is a numbers game and, eventually good clients come.