🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients not responding.
Page options
796a95d8
Community Member

Clients not responding.

I currently have two clients who are not responding to payment requests. I submitted my work for their milestones, so that is set in stone. I already messaged them with gentle reminders for payment, but I have not heard back. What can Upwork do about this? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alison S wrote:

Why not? I would like to be paid promptly. 

Clients get notification from UpWork. If they ignore that, they'll probably also ignore message from their freelancer.
From their point of view, job is done and they don't have to do anything else.

When that happens, 14 day period is always there for us.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Nothing. Frankly, it has never occured to me to remind a client after I submit for payment.

Alison S wrote:

Clients get notification from UpWork. If they ignore that, they'll probably also ignore message from their freelancer.
From their point of view, job is done and they don't have to do anything else.

When that happens, 14 day period is always there for us.

Thank you Antun, I wanted to make sure about the 14 day period. 

If milestone was funded, than yes - 14 days (+5).

After 14 days money moves from Work in progress tab to Pending tab. Than it's 5 days for it to get to Available tab.

Note: don't click again on Submit work button, that will reset 14 day period.

I had the same issue, how to apply for the payment

Hi Kelvin,

On a fixed-price contract, if you end the contract, you forfeit any funds that remain in escrow. Instead, we recommend that you complete your last milestone and submit the work for payment before you end the contract. If your client fails to respond to your submission, we will automatically release the funds after 14 days. 

We cover fixed-price contracts with Upwork Fixed-Price Protection. Fixed-Price Protection only covers funds in escrow (milestone) and not the entire project.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I don't know. It doesn't really matter to me if I get paid a few days earlier, I guess. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members