🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients not responding
Page options
waqarnaveed75202
Community Member

Clients not responding

Hello Upwork!I want to address an issue which I'm facing right now. Actually, I have 9 jobs in progress and some of the clients are no responding to me after getting the data. I want to close these contracts. I have only 5 working contracts and others are not replying to me. I'm daily biding and not getting any new contract and I think this is because my profile is showing 9 jobs in progress. What should I do? Can I close these contracts myself does this affect my job score? Please help me out on this! Thanks a lot in advance 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

I too often have clients who just disappear with no explantion.

After one month of no contact I ask them if there is any more work they would like me to do for them.

After two months of no contact I tell them I will close their project if I don't hear from them within the next week.

If there is still no response, I close the projects and give them no more thought.

Some come back eventually and I usually agree to work with them again, unless they were awful clients.

Clients whose projects I have closed very rarely leave feedback for me. We have been told on this board that an "excess" number of closed projects with no feedback adversely affects the freelancer's JSS, but I have no idea what "excess" means and haven't seen a significant affect on my JSS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
wlyonsatl
Community Member

I too often have clients who just disappear with no explantion.

After one month of no contact I ask them if there is any more work they would like me to do for them.

After two months of no contact I tell them I will close their project if I don't hear from them within the next week.

If there is still no response, I close the projects and give them no more thought.

Some come back eventually and I usually agree to work with them again, unless they were awful clients.

Clients whose projects I have closed very rarely leave feedback for me. We have been told on this board that an "excess" number of closed projects with no feedback adversely affects the freelancer's JSS, but I have no idea what "excess" means and haven't seen a significant affect on my JSS.

r2streu
Community Member

I really wouldn't worry about it unless it's getting excessive. Having a few open jobs really won't negatively impact your score and most prospective clients, I THINK, understand enough about the system to know that very often clients simply won't take the time to close out a finished job. 

I'll go through and start cleaning out my jobs list maybe quarterly, in which case I do basically what has already been suggested: I'll message the oldest clients and ask if there's anything else I can do for them, give them a few weeks to respond, and close out the job. 

Because these jobs won't have feedback from your client, it does have a negative impact on JSS, but to a certain extent it's negligable. I try to have fewer jobs I've closed per quarter than have closed correctly. 

petra_r
Community Member

Randall S wrote:

Because these jobs won't have feedback from your client, it does have a negative impact on JSS,  

No, it doesn't, unless excessive. I wish people would just quit claiming that it does. 

Provided money has been paid at some point and there isn't an insanely high percentage of them, "no feedback" contracts have absolutely no effect on the JSS in any way, shape, or form.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members