🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients post jobs and then don't hire anybody
Page options
ana_cuervo
Community Member

Clients post jobs and then don't hire anybody

Hello!
At this moment I have 23 proposals sent: 4 of them are active, they interviewed me and other freelancers, but the client has not hired anyone (my oldest interview was a month ago). Most of the other 19 jobs have more than 20 proposals now, but no freelancers have been interviewed or hired.
So, why do clients bother posting a job if they aren't going to hire or at least interview anybody? I don't think they can't find a freelancer that fits their expectations on 20 to 50 different proposals.

Thanks,

Ana.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand some clients unfortunately will post jobs, never hire and never close their jobs. We know this is frustrating and we will continue to reach out to clients to encourage them to hire or remove their job. We do, of course, also recommend you closely review the client’s details, such as past hire rate, to help you decide whether to use Connects to submit a proposal for a project. To learn more about what you should be looking for in a job post, please check out this article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand some clients unfortunately will post jobs, never hire and never close their jobs. We know this is frustrating and we will continue to reach out to clients to encourage them to hire or remove their job. We do, of course, also recommend you closely review the client’s details, such as past hire rate, to help you decide whether to use Connects to submit a proposal for a project. To learn more about what you should be looking for in a job post, please check out this article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members