🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients posting same jobs again and again...
Page options
d41cd9f5
Community Member

Clients posting same jobs again and again without having the intention to hire

In my Upwork job feed I have noticed many clients post similar jobs repeated number of times and at the end of the don't hire in any of them.

This has happened to me a lot of times where I have wasted my Upwork Connects on such job postings.

Why there are all restrictions for Freelancers and no restrictions on Clients like a prohibition on having many active jobs without hiring, prohibition on posting the same job repeatedly without hiring or clients with low hire % be warned, or something similar.

It's very frustrating as a freelancer to see our hard-earned money waste applying for such positions.

15 REPLIES 15
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Anurag U wrote:

In my Upwork job feed I have noticed many clients post similar jobs repeated number of times and at the end of the don't hire in any of them.

This has happened to me a lot of times where I have wasted my Upwork Connects on such job postings.

Why there are all restrictions for Freelancers and no restrictions on Clients like a prohibition on having many active jobs without hiring, prohibition on posting the same job repeatedly without hiring or clients with low hire % be warned, or something similar.

It's very frustrating as a freelancer to see our hard-earned money waste applying for such positions.

Posting multiple identical jobs is not allowed, you need to flag them in the job posting.

Before you apply, check not only the hiring rate (which is what you asked for, it exists already), the prior feedback to and from the client, how much he usually pays for work, and other criteria you might find helpful. 

Hi Martina,

How do we do that? Is it by clicking on "Flag as inappropriate" > it's something else > and leaving a comment that it's duplicate posting?

Thanks,

Sam

petra_r
Community Member

Sam Y wrote:

How do we do that? Is it by clicking on "Flag as inappropriate" > it's something else > and leaving a comment that it's duplicate posting?

Yes. It's generally worth flagging them all (if there are multiple duplicate job posts) as sometimes Support just remove one and leave a bunch of others.

Hi, I've seen this happening with a job I applied for twice, keeps popping up. What do you mean 'flag it in the job posting' can you be more specific please? 

Hi Anne,

This means that when you're navigating the original job post, you should be able to see a button that says "Flag as inappropriate", it should look like this. You should use it whenever you see a possible TOS violation in a job post. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Anurag,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the job posts you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d41cd9f5
Community Member

I have messaged you all the details.

I hope the matter will be taken seriously as it's very disheartening as a new freelancer watching their money waste due to such clients.

ritecraft
Community Member

I also find the same job repeated by the same clients multiple times. Not only that but they talk about possibly hundreds of articles and their job posts budgets may run into thousands of dollars. On seeing the work history/feedback, they have only given different freelancers a minisucle amount ($10,000 posting and 100s of jobs, but freelancers paid $10-50). These jobs take a lot of connects to apply and it seems to me an immediate red flag that no freelancer has even been paid $500. 

Are these some kind of scams?  How can clients posts jobs running into thousands of dollars budget, but no freelancer has made that much money!

Hi Smiti,

Could you please send me a private message with the job posts that you are referring to so that I can check?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have noticed an Indian Client who had interviewed me a long ago for a project, posting a same job for over many times and not hiring anyone. Please check the attached photo

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kashem, 

Thank you very much for flagging this. I've forwarded your report for the team to review. Remember that you can always flag a job post as inappropriate if you come across something that you believe is in violation of our TOS. In this case, since there were multiple ones, adding a comment when you're flagging it would help out the team better understand the reason for the report.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi

I have flagged a post at least twice for reposting and no one has responded to me so why are you telling Kashem to flag it when nothing is done? 

Anne

Anne M wrote:

I have flagged a post at least twice for reposting and no one has responded to me so why are you telling Kashem to flag it when nothing is done? 

Nobody responds to you for flagging. 

Just because you don't get a response does not mean nothing gets done. 

Reposting a job post alone is not necessarily forbidden either.

sidwhiting
Community Member

This might help:

I just noticed multiple job posts which appear to be different individual invitations to the same job.
This shouldn't happen of course - a gliche? See screenshot.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Flag them as inappropriate.

Sid W wrote: a gliche?

No, a scam

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members