🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients seem like super unresponsive
Page options
jakir_tasnim
Community Member

Clients seem like super unresponsive

Lately I am experiencing that, so many clients seem like super unresponsive. They neither hire any freelancers nor close their job openings, they keep their jobs open and don't hire any freelancers for day after day. This is so much unfair for freelancers specifically for new freelancers. Freelancer keep bidding on jobs of these people and keep losing their connects. I am looking forward for upwork, to take necessary steps for these kinds of inappropriate client behaviour.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Clients seem like super unresponsive"

Clients are not required to be responsive.

re: "Lately I am experiencing that, so many clients seem like super unresponsive."

There is no rule against that.

re: "They neither hire any freelancers nor close their job openings"

Well... You are talking about PROSPECTIVE clients.

These people are not even your clients yet.

If you apply to a job position, you may not hear from the prospective client ever.

But that person hasn't hired you.

He doesn't owe you anything, and you don't owe him anything.

re: "they keep their jobs open and don't hire any freelancers for day after day. This is so much unfair for freelancers specifically for new freelancers."

What you are describing is accurate.

You are correct in your observation.

It it unfair?
I don't know know. Maybe.

Upwork has never stated that the process is fair.

re: "Freelancer keep bidding on jobs of these people and keep losing their connects. I am looking forward for upwork, to take necessary steps for these kinds of inappropriate client behaviour."

The system is what it is.

The system also changes from time to time.

I don't like everything about how the system works.

But I UNDERSTAND how the sytem works.

There are many freelancers who EARN A LOT OF MONEY using this system, because they understand it and use it as is.

a) If you have suggestions for improving the system, please tell us your suggestions.

b) If you have questions about how to the current system effectively to earn money, please feel free to ask.

Note that (a) and (b) are two very different things.

Sorry I used wrong term 'client', they're not my clients yet. But they keep job openings hung for day after day, is it fair ? My saying is that, if they don't hire any freelancer for day after day, then why they're let to keep their jobs open for so long (even sometimes I see months) ? Doesn't seem like that job posters are given too much priority than freelancers ? And also freelancers are given 10 connects per month, is it a good amount ?

re: "Sorry I used wrong term 'client', they're not my clients yet."

Don't worry about that. We use the word "client" all the time here to refer to "prospective clients." It's a fine word to use. I'm just pointing out the difference between somebody who has actually hired you, and somebody whose job you applied to. Very different.

re: "But they keep job openings hung for day after day, is it fair?"

No, it is not fair.

Upwork doesn't state that it is fair.

YOU have the right to see how long ago a job was posted and NOT apply to it if it is too old.

But there's nothing you can do about it if you apply to a job and don't hear back from the client.

What do experienced freelancers to?

We apply to a job and forget aboout it.

That way we aren't bother by it. The job isn't part of our life. We don't even rememer that we applied to that job.

If a client actually contacts us, then we pay attention to it.

re: "Doesn't seem like that job posters are given too much priority than freelancers?"

That is as it should be.

I earn a ton of money from job posters.

I don't earn any money from the other freelancers.

So I like it if Upwork gives priority to the people who pay me money. I want those people to be very happy so that the continue to come here and pay me money.

re: "And also freelancers are given 10 connects per month, is it a good amount?"

I don't know.

I don't even use connects any more. I don't pay much attention to that.

Tasnim J wrote:
 if they don't hire any freelancer for day after day, then why they're let to keep their jobs open for so long

Because nobody can or should try to force a client to hire one of the people who applied.

Tasnim J wrote:
And also freelancers are given 10 connects per month, is it a good amount ?

No, it's probably too much.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Tasnim J wrote:

Lately I am experiencing that, so many clients seem like super unresponsive. They neither hire any freelancers nor close their job openings, they keep their jobs open and don't hire any freelancers for day after day. This is so much unfair for freelancers specifically for new freelancers. Freelancer keep bidding on jobs of these people and keep losing their connects. I am looking forward for upwork, to take necessary steps for these kinds of inappropriate client behaviour.

A client deciding not to hire anybody is not inappropriate. Maybe he didn't get good proposals, hired elsewhere, forgot about the project, lost all his money, was hit by an avalanche, who knows. The sooner you stop worrying about this non-issue, the better. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members