🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients should be able to see thumbs down rea...
Page options
matnikaudio
Community Member

Clients should be able to see thumbs down reasons on their job postings

Not saying they should be able to see who gave them those ratings, but at least see the reasons people aren't bidding for their work. They need to be told when their expectations are unrealistic, or their budget is too low for what they're asking for, or they're not adding enough data - and it shouldn't cost us buyers connects to contact them to do it. 

This culture of asking people to do a day's work for less than the cost of a coffee needs to end. There's no way to tell a buyer that the price they're offering for someone's time and professional expertise is a joke. 

At the very least, they should be able to see the average price for the services they're requesting as they are posting the job - eBay has similar functionality when listing an item of the average price for that item. 

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback, Matt, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

Why are we being asked for the reason for thumbs down if no one sees it or benefits from it? I believe that perspective clients would certainly benefit by knowing why some are not bidding. If we are invited to bid but decline, does the perspective client even know that the invite was considered?

Steve W wrote:

Why are we being asked for the reason for thumbs down if no one sees it or benefits from it? I believe that perspective clients would certainly benefit by knowing why some are not bidding. 

I agree.

Steve W wrote:

If we are invited to bid but decline, does the perspective client even know that the invite was considered?

Yes, clients who invite you can see the reason why you declined.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members