🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients who do not give Feedback?
Page options
reichstephen
Community Member

Clients who do not give Feedback?

Its been brought to my attention that clients who don't give feedback are not held accountable on Upwork.

99% of the time clients will close the the job and give feedback, but two recent examples have made me question if clients JSS score is effected by not giving feedback. 

Example #1: I have a client who is a pleasure to work with and I cant get them to close contract. After reviewing the clients history I see 50 jobs with no feedback given. 

Example #2: I was just invited to a job, was about to be hired and asked client to please close contact and give feedback when project was completed. The client said, "We never give feedback." I stated if I don't get feedback it effects my JSS score." Then I tried to explain all you do is click some review/feedback buttons and the contract is complete. They did not want to hear this and cut off negotiations off and hung up. After reviewing the job history I see 4 jobs recent contracts with no feedback.

Do clients have to give feedback?  

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Do clients have to give feedback?"

No.

Do freelancers have to work with clients who don't give feedback?

No.

What if a client closes a job, and leaves star-average feedback, but does not leave written comments? Does that affect anything?

No.

Lack of written feedback is treated the same as having written feedback as far as Upwork's software (including JSS calculations) is concerned.

What if I close a job, and my client doesn't leave star-average feedback, And also does not leave written comments? Does that affect anything?  Because my client is always offline and not responding.

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for your question. Many factors that are taken into consideration in the JSS calculation, such as the overall number of jobs completed, both private and public feedback, jobs that have been inactive for a while, as well as jobs without any feedback whatsoever. I suggest that you check this help article for more information on how the JSS is calculated.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths