cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients who forget about their job posts

karl_drawing
Ace Contributor

Hello,

I apologize if this has been asked before. But what percentage of the proposals you submit end up having no one being hired? I notice this for like 90% of the proposals I submit. The client just seems to forget the proposals exist, until eventually it expires. Since they don't give explanations as to why no one was hired, I am wondering what the reasons behind this might be. 

1) Clients cancels the project

2) Clients find freelancers on another site

3) On jobs with interviews but no hires, clients and freelancers may be breaking the rules and working together outside of upwork (ex. Paypal and email). 

4) Client is spacey and forgets about project

5) Client is so busy that the proposal they submit expires before they have time to hire anyone

I'm wondering if I'm just too conscientious in terms of communication? Anyone have similar experiences?

1 REPLY 1
nickwilkinss
Active

I'm experiencing the same exact thing! It feels as if for every proposal that's accepted, two are entirely ignored. I think a lot of clients honestly aren't familar with Upwork, and forget to check back on their proposal. Another issue I've run into is the fact that some clients create multiple job posts for the same job over a period of time--without closing their original ones.

I've gotten into the habit of checking their hiring rate before I submit a proposal. I just don't feel like it's worth it to waste my connects on someone who only hires 10% of the time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS