cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Clients who just post ads but don't hire

Digital G Member Since: May 8, 2019
11 of 17

I agree with Krunal C. I think up work should make some changes in their policy especially for clients.

The changes could be like this:

If the client has posted job then it is required for the client to hire one.

If the client does not hire more than 3 times they posted, then that client should be banned from posting jobs on Upwork.

I hope that up work will take suitable steps on this issue as soon as possible.

Have a wonderful day!

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
12 of 17

Digital G wrote:

The changes could be like this:

If the client has posted job then it is required for the client to hire one.

If the client does not hire more than 3 times they posted, then that client should be banned from posting jobs on Upwork.

Sorry, but that's laughable... Dream on if you think Upwork will do something to shoo clients away. Besides, when you go to a shop you are not forced to buy something if you don't want to. If you were forced would you ever return to that place?

Digital G Member Since: May 8, 2019
13 of 17

That's why I said three times. If the client posts the job, then it is ok if he doesn't hire up to three times. But the fourth time, if they post a job they should be warned like this:

You are just posting jobs on the up work, but not hiring. What is the problem? Let us know why you are not hiring. I just want to know the reason why they don't hire.

Sometimes I saw this type of situation:

The client who had posted the job, only see the bids only on that day. I also bid on that job. After 10 days, I saw the job post. The last viewed by the client was 10 days.

It means the client who has posted the job, just see the job that day and leave that job and start posting other jobs.

I saw these type of many clients on upwork

This is wrong, for these type of clients upwork should take serious steps.

I properly made a good proposal for those jobs and wasted mine connects. I think it's unfair.

In the end, I want to say this is my suggestion. It would be great if upwork take steps on it.

Sorry for bad english!

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
14 of 17

Digital G - is that your real name???

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
15 of 17

Mary W wrote:

Digital G - is that your real name???

In the hood they call him Diggy

Diggy the suspended profile.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Anatoli A Member Since: May 15, 2019
16 of 17

I agree. Upwork has grown so big that it is impossible not to find a suitable person so there's no reason not to hire at least one person. It's time they got rid of those "employers" who are just "checking the market."

Anatoli A Member Since: May 15, 2019
17 of 17

No idea why they don't ban those people. Like 90% of job postings I apply to don't hire anyone, or even don't interview.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS