cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients who post jobs and never hire anyone

Ahmed A Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
1 of 3

Hi, It's my first month of upwork!

I made more than twenty proposals, got two jobs and notified that other two jobs were closed. At the end of the month, I returned back to my proposals, and here what I found: 16 jobs did not hire or invite any one for the job! Although there are actively 20-50 bids on almost all of them! I believe that I have a strong portfolio and there are others who have relevant skills to the jobs, then why they are posting jobs wasting our connects and time to make proposals and they never hire anyone?!

Can anything be helpful regarding this, friends?

Thanks

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 3

@Ahmed A wrote:

Hi, It's my first month of upwork!

I made more than twenty proposals, got two jobs and notified that other two jobs were closed. At the end of the month, I returned back to my proposals, and here what I found: 16 jobs did not hire or invite any one for the job! Although there are actively 20-50 bids on almost all of them! I believe that I have a strong portfolio and there are others who have relevant skills to the jobs, then why they are posting jobs wasting our connects and time to make proposals and they never hire anyone?!

Can anything be helpful regarding this, friends?

Thanks

People want to check out price ranges, post jobs on multiple platforms, change their minds, are not serious, etc... The trick is to sniff them out before submitting proposals, such as considering their hiring rate.

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
3 of 3

Some projects are probably taken off-site by client and freelancer with the client paying the freelancer directly rather than through Upwork's system. The client can pay less and the freelancer can receive more money by taking Upwork's fees out of the equation, but this also removes Upwork's payment security from the relationship.

This is a major violation of Upwork's terms of service for both client and freelancer.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS