🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients who receive 20-50 or more proposals a...
Page options
tinabvillareal
Community Member

Clients who receive 20-50 or more proposals and still invite

Hi All,

I want to know if Upwork is doing something on clients who posts jobs, receive 20-50 proposals or more and do not  inverview from any of the proposals but instead choose to send invitations.  I just find it hard to believe, that out of 20 or more proposals, they still cannot find a freelancer who can do their project.

As a freelancer, I feel sad that I see this happen a lot. It seems that clients just don't appreciate the efforts of the freelancers. I hope that Upwork would implement some controls on this. Please consider that we are now spending for our connects so it's just right that we also get some quality job offers and clients too!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,
I believe this has gone way too far from what I expected. Anyway, I have read all your comments, suggestions and have tried to be objective as much as I can
except for some who are hysterically sarcastic.

I would like to specifically thank Vivek for her being gentle, objective and fair to both freelancers and clients. I also would like to consider her one of many suggestions as the 'possible' solution to this and that is, the clients can take their time in hiring. No time limit. But if the hiring reaches one month or more, then the freelancer will be given the option to withdraw their proposal and have their connects returned. I believe this is fair enough to both sides and also to Upwork.

I'm sorry for all the tension I have created here. I completely did not expect it.

Sincerely,
Cristina

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

Well, to start with, no one's forcing you to join us and we are not in any way trying to meddle with 'your business'. If you're happy with the way things are going, then good for you. But for those who are not happy and just starting like 'us', allow us to find a solution to 'our' problem.

agree 100%...

Ma. Cristina V wrote:
allow us to find a solution to 'our' problem.

Then, try to find a solution that you can actually implement. Asking Upwork to do things that they deem as detrimental to their business will do nothing. Upwork isn't gonna to tweak their business model, whatever this means, so it fits your needs, or mine. Of course, you can post messages in this community at will asking them to change things if you want, but other than vent, you're not gonna to achieve anything by doing this.

Upwork is a tool. You can't change the way it works, but you can learn how to use it. Or pick another tool if that one doesn't work.

Or you can come here and complain. Your call.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Apart from the obvious point already made that the changes you want would severely disadvantage a large number of people working here and reduce their income, your approach is short-sighted.

You're new now. It may take you a while to get going but assuming you're good at what you do, you'll start making money. And you'll improve your reputation. That will mean that you'll be able to bid successfully on larger and more lucrative projects and that clients will be more likely to invite you to bid.

And as those projects will be larger and involve more money, it's likely it will take longer to work out the details and the client will take longer selecting the right person.  You'll end up accepting projects that were posted days if not weeks ago, especially as some clients won't send invitations until they've already failed to find whom they want through open bidding.

But you want to stop this. You're shooting yourself in the foot.

Hi,
I believe this has gone way too far from what I expected. Anyway, I have read all your comments, suggestions and have tried to be objective as much as I can
except for some who are hysterically sarcastic.

I would like to specifically thank Vivek for her being gentle, objective and fair to both freelancers and clients. I also would like to consider her one of many suggestions as the 'possible' solution to this and that is, the clients can take their time in hiring. No time limit. But if the hiring reaches one month or more, then the freelancer will be given the option to withdraw their proposal and have their connects returned. I believe this is fair enough to both sides and also to Upwork.

I'm sorry for all the tension I have created here. I completely did not expect it.

Sincerely,
Cristina

People take time out to tell you that they have a different point of view to yours and why and you dismiss that as hysterical?

You obviously don't have to agree with people, but life is going to be very difficult if you can't accept there's more than one way of seeing things.

There were so many comments here and to be honest, about 98% is objective and they were taken very positively.

Ma. Cristina V wrote:
But if the hiring reaches one month or more, then the freelancer will be given the option to withdraw their proposal and have their connects returned. 

Upwork will not refund connects. They just moved to a new system without free connects because they don't want people to have free connects, or more connects. What you are asking will not happen. You can keep asking, of course, but I think you'll feel way better once you realize it won't happen.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

At least I tried 😊. It's better than not doing anything.

It sounds more like giving up.

You hate the new system but it’s a reality you have to deal with for at least a little while. What do you do now?

Change is scary. There are no guarantees. But most of the time change is also opportunity and maybe there is one for you. I can’t decide that for you, only you can.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths