🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Clients who recommend me
Page options
it_solutions090
Community Member

Clients who recommend me

My all cliets gave me five stars so i have 14 five stars and other three projects are in progress. But still "clients who recommend me" is 86% Why?

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad A wrote:

My all cliets gave me five stars so i have 14 five stars and other three projects are in progress. But still "clients who recommend me" is 86% Why?

Because you got less enthusiastic private feedback from a couple or more clients.

The stars don't mean much. The majority of clients just put 5 stars simply so they don't have to deal with unprofessional freelancers who try to argue over the feedback they got

When they are giving five stars and also passing some good comments then what is meant by private feedback ? Why that is important?

Private feedback against any type of courtesies

Muhammad A wrote:

Why that is important?

Because that's the clients' honest opinion.

So funny if he honest then there should be no diffrence b/w public and private feedback given by him.

Anyways Thank you 🙂

Muhammad A wrote:

So funny if he honest then there should be no diffrence b/w public and private feedback given by him.

Anyways Thank you 🙂

Because clients are sick and tired of freelancers being horribly unprofessional asking for 5 star feedback, and if they don't get it starting to argue or beg or constantly asking for the feedback to be changed or threaten or do things that harm the client.

So most clients give 5 stars unless the freelancer was absolute nightmare. 

How my score can be reduced? When I completed all projects successfully and delivered all on time, they approved milestones approved my payment and also I got paid by clients.

Private feedback.

I've worked and hired hundreds of freelancers on Upwork alone and can count with one hand how many said  "please leave 5 start freedback".   I would say maybe two or three freelancers. I also don't leave 5 stars if they don't deserve it regardless of what they feel like they can do to harm me as a client. So I think that is rarely used as the reason why clients feel the pressure to leave a 5 star feedback. I don't think such happens at all and I know dozens of clients very closely.

If you got a 5 start public feedback then you certainly did something right but nevertheless, whether they recommend you or not, is a whole different story via the private feedback.

Sometimes you did great but were terrible in other things. You get 5 stars because you deserved it, but you are simply not recommended for other reasons. 

But that is much disappointing for a freelancer who works hard even 14 to 16 hour per day to satisfy their clients and then they accept thier work approve thier payment gives them five star also pass some good comments but still thier score decreases without knowing reason behind this. That is something which is so much disappointing for me I have completed 100% of my all tasks on time but still I don't know why my score is decreasing 😞

asil0
Community Member

Because of the private feedback shown to the client while giving you the feedback, the private feedback not shown of your profile but affects on JSS and "clients who recommend you?

anyway 86% percentage not so bad

good luck

Muhamed A wrote:

Because of the private feedback shown to the client while giving you the feedback, the private feedback not shown of your profile but affects on JSS and "clients who recommend you?

anyway 86% percentage not so bad

good luck

I think 86% is pretty bad. Keep in mind that JSS will be in the vicinity of this percentage. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths