🐈 Community
saydou

Clients who would recommend you — ?

Hello Everybody

I could not figure out this stat so i wanted ask you  [if my "Clients who would recommend you stat" is "—" does that mean none of my previous clients recomended me. ] i am not sure but i am pretty confident at least some of them did if not all.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r

You've not completed enough jobs for this metric to show yet. Once you do, it will show.

Not sure how many completed contracts it takes before it shows though.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
petra_r

You've not completed enough jobs for this metric to show yet. Once you do, it will show.

Not sure how many completed contracts it takes before it shows though.

Thank you Petra.

can i see which client not recommended me to others. Can I ask that client to chenge his/her feedback/comment?

No

robyk

Where did you see that line on your profile?

I can't find it..and I had a few clients... Thanks!

@Robert K wrote:

It's on the My Stats page, not on your public profile.

@Robert K wrote:

@Dawn L

@Petra R

Thank you both for the fast response. I totally forgot about the "my stats" tab and was searching for this on the public profile.

Wouldn't it be something important to be present on public profile? (so other clients see that people who used your services before them, were so happy about it that they would reccommend you)

Robert, this already feeds directly into your JSS, and personally I think there are already enough things for freelancers to fret about without adding yet another panic-inducing metric to the profile.....

@Petra R wrote:

Robert, this already feeds directly into your JSS, and personally I think there are already enough things for freelancers to fret about without adding yet another panic-inducing metric to the profile.....

No worries! Just ditch the JSS and show the recommend rate. Easy peasy!

;^) 

@Douglas Michael M wrote:

No worries! Just ditch the JSS and show the recommend rate. Easy peasy!

;^) 

Or that 😉

Somehow I don't see it happening though...

"Clients who would recommend you"   - 60%

Is this good for me or bad?

codylex

I don't know for sure, but the "clients who would recommend you" featured on my stats page immediately I completed six jobs and got my job success score.

So that means it will keep showing the minus sign untill you get the job success score featured on your profile.

markob_rock

Hello,

Recently I was affected by a JSS% drop, from 100% to 83%. I've asked the community, and they said that some of the clients may had left a lower hidden feedback. I have only one paused contract by client, and that was like 30 days ago, not so long ago to affect JSS %.

I've accepted the fact that someone may have backstabbed me.

But then I found out about "my stats" and "clients who would recommend you ", I have a 100% !!!

I just knew that no one would do that! Plus, I got a raise of % to 86 from 83 with no apperent reason 😄

Some crazy formula is being used to calculate this JSS% 😄

BTW, I got like 4-5 jobs since I got drop in just couple of weeks, which is like 70% of my total jobs, so its not all that dark, but I would like to know why. Nobody knows 😞

Hi Mark, 

I checked your account and can see that the calculation is correct. Take note that your job success score is based on both public, and private feedback, long term contracts, repeat contracts, contracts without activity, and excessive lack of feedback on your closed contracts. 

While 86% is not a great score, in my opinion it is a good score considering that you've only started on the last quarter of 2016, with a public feedback of 5-stars on your closed contracts. Keep up doing great work for your clients and you will soon be in the Top Rated talent pool! 

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for responding Avery.

You said you have checked my calculaton and its okay ?

You said that the things that are affecting my stats are "both public, and private feedback, long term contracts, repeat contracts, contracts without activity, and excessive lack of feedback on your closed contracts. "

If I have only 5.0 public feedback, zero contracts with no feedback, and my "clients who recommend you" is 100% (which is a mesurement of a private feedback score), my guess is that a feedback issue is out of the question.

Long term contracts - I have it, and they are not inactive, having them should be a good thing.

I have only 1 paused contract, but its paused by client until he get his new project, its not paused automatically, and its not my fault if its paused anyways. And its been like just 30 days since it has been paused, according to all of info from Upwork site, it doesn't affect anything that fast, or when the number of contracts is that low. - so thats probably out of the question. 

And then theres repeated contracts - I have a few of them, so even that was a bad thing, my guess is that it cant be if the employer wants it like that, I have only few of them.

I don't think I left anything unanswered. Where is the common sense in this?

Thank you.

Only one thing. Your total sum earned so far. I'm only guessing but maybe they've put into calculation money earned. How it'll go up your jss should grow, too.

Dear Avery,

In my "My Stats" page, I see only a '-' against "Clients who would recommend you". This is shown inspite of the fact that I have done 6 jobs in Upwork so far and have got 5* public feedbacks for all jobs completed. Can you help me understand where I have went wrong while freelancing at Upwork?

Warm Regards,

Kavitha

In my "My Stats" page, I see only a '-' against "Clients who would recommend you". This is shown inspite of the fact that I have done 6 jobs in Upwork so far and have got 5* public feedbacks for all jobs completed. Can you help me understand where I have went wrong while freelancing at Upwork?

Warm Regards,

Kavitha

Some clients are used to giving a 5* public feedback, but in the secret only God knows how many negative feedbacks are packed in there.

Well, "negative feedback is in the eye of the beholder (Upwork)"

@Kavitha K wrote:

Dear Avery,

Warm Regards,

Kavitha

If you are not seeing a number at all, it just means that Upwork hasn't calculated that percentage yet, probably because you have so few closed contracts (at most, 4 clients have answered that question so far). It will probably show up after your two open contracts post feedback.

Thank you for the reply, Tiffany.  That really helped me understand what could be the reason. If Upwork specifies the number of contracts needed to get "clients who would recommend you" in any of the articles in help centre, that would keep newbies like me from being paranoid.. Also, I assume clients are asked to rate the question "how likely you would recommend the freelancer" from  a scale of 1 to 10. If that is the case, I feel that it would be better to change it to a yes or no question.

I agree.  The question should correlate with the answer.  If the answer is a SCALE (comprised of individual scaled ratings from each client), then the question should indicate such (not suggest "#/% of clients who would recommend you"). 

I also agree that the "absent information" ("hyphens") that appear prior to first reported "ratings scale" should be explained right on the page, instead of requiring newbies to wonder/worry/work out unnecessary solutions.

Learning Paths