Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Clients who would recommend you

Active Member
Cara I Member Since: Sep 12, 2018
1 of 19

Hello,

 

I noticed in my stats that it says "Clients who would recommend you" 80%. I've had four clients (and five projects) and they were all 5 stars. They all provided excellent reviews. Why would my score be so low?

 

Thanks! Cara

 

 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 19

@Cara I wrote:

I noticed in my stats that it says "Clients who would recommend you" 80%. I've had four clients (and five projects) and they were all 5 stars. They all provided excellent reviews. Why would my score be so low?



 Because one or more of your clients gave you lower private feedback.

Moderator
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 19

Hi Cara, 


You may want to read these help articles here, and here to understand how your Job Success Score is calculated.


-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
BEST ANSWER
4 of 19

@Cara I wrote:

Hello,

 

I noticed in my stats that it says "Clients who would recommend you" 80%. I've had four clients (and five projects) and they were all 5 stars. They all provided excellent reviews. Why would my score be so low?

 

Thanks! Cara

 

 


 The "clients how would recommend you" is the equivalent of the "would you recommend this client" metric (1 to 10) that you are checking when giving feedback. You can only see it in your profile, but it goes into the JSS calculation. 

Often clients will give 5 stars and a nice feedback, because they don't want to diminish the chances of this freelancer in the marketplace, but give a less than stellar review in private, where they feel they can be more honest. 

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
5 of 19

Martina P wrote:

 


 The "clients how would recommend you" is the equivalent of the "would you recommend this client" metric (1 to 10) that you are checking when giving feedback. You can only see it in your profile, but it goes into the JSS calculation. 


 Also, we don't know how high the rating needs to be to count as a recommendation. Is 9 out of 10 enough? 8 out of 10? Upwork won't say.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
6 of 19

@Richard W wrote:

@Martina P wrote:

 


 The "clients how would recommend you" is the equivalent of the "would you recommend this client" metric (1 to 10) that you are checking when giving feedback. You can only see it in your profile, but it goes into the JSS calculation. 


 Also, we don't know how high the rating needs to be to count as a recommendation. Is 9 out of 10 enough? 8 out of 10? Upwork won't say.


 It can be safely assumed that the calculation goes as follows:

Client 1 gives a 3, client 2 gives a 5. That is a total of 8, compared to 20 (100%) resulting in a ratio of 40%.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
7 of 19

Martina, you do know what is said about assuming, right?

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
8 of 19

@Pat M wrote:

Martina, you do know what is said about assuming, right?


 I do, Pat, I do. Smiley Happy

I don't see any other way how they would calculate it, though...

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
9 of 19

Martina, mysterious methods are oftentimes just that---mysteries.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
10 of 19

@Pat M wrote:

Martina, mysterious methods are oftentimes just that---mysteries.


 Well, I refuse to believe in mysteries... cold hard facts and math formulas will do it for me....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS