Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Clients won't end contracts

j_rains
Ace Contributor
Justin R Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
1 of 5

I have 7 open jobs at the moment and am only actively working on 3 of them! I've messaged the other 4 2x each and they are online daily, but ignore me and won't end the contract. One of them owes $25 for a project I did, and the others are just unresponsive.

I don't want to continue blowing them up in case they decide that warrants negative feedback, so I'm unsure what to do. I am trying to get my rising talent badge back and I can't imagine having all of these open is helping me out.

Any ideas on what I can do? Is it better to just leave them open and continue forward?


tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 5

If you submitted a request for payment on a funded milestone, then the funds will be released after 14 days. Don't close the contract prior to the funds being released and don't resubmit for payment as this restarts the 14-day countdown. 

If you want to close the contracts for which you have been paid, just close them. You can't make the client do anything and if they aren't responding then you are out of other options (except, of course, to leave the contract open.)

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 5

Justin R wrote:

I have 7 open jobs at the moment and am only actively working on 3 of them! I've messaged the other 4 2x each and they are online daily, but ignore me and won't end the contract.


Close then, one at a time, once every fewsuccessfully completed jobs.

 


Justin R wrote:

I am trying to get my rising talent badge back and I can't imagine having all of these open is helping me out.


You won't get your Rising Talent Badge back.

You'll get a Job Success Score (probably on Sundays) and it will likely be affected by your private feedback percentage which you will see on your My Stats page under "Clients who would recommend me."

 

Chances are whatever contract ended just before you lost the rising talent status came with poor private feedback, which would likely mean your private feedback would be in the 80% range (one out of 5.)

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 5

The job where the client owes you $25 - is that amount deposited in escrow? If so, just click on the Submit Work/Request Payment button and if the client doesn't release those funds (or dispute that request) those funds will be released to you automatically in 14 days. If you've done that already, do NOT click on it again otherwise it'll reset that 14 day countdown. However --- if $25 is Not deposited into escrow, then you are out of luck You worked for free on that job. And when you close that, that will be the job that will affect your JSS the most (a job closed with no payment).

 

As for the others, you can close them one at a time but not all at once, Close one and then get a few completed closed jobs before you close another one. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

Kathy T wrote:

The job where the client owes you $25 - is that amount deposited in escrow? If so, just click on the Submit Work/Request Payment button and if the client doesn't release those funds (or dispute that request) those funds will be released to you automatically in 14 days. If you've done that already, do NOT click on it again otherwise it'll reset that 14 day countdown. However --- if $25 is Not deposited into escrow, then you are out of luck You worked for free on that job. And when you close that, that will be the job that will affect your JSS the most (a job closed with no payment).


It is not possible to set up a fixed rate contract without funding the first milestone. It simply can not be done, it has never (since the Escrow system came into play) been possible.

Therefor it is completely impossible to not be able to submit for payment for a first milestone and end up with a 0 paid contract for that reason (!)

If there is a fixed rate contract, the first milestone is / was funded. Always.

 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS