cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clint is threatening me to refund him

Highlighted
Mahesh G Member Since: Nov 18, 2013
1 of 4
Hi, I am new in odesk and got quick success to get some projects and complete them. I didn't know here is a very good forum to discuss things. I just found it and I am sure it is very helpful. I am having a problem with one of my client. I worked for him more than 4 months ago. I developed an e-commerce site for him. I delivered him the completed site and he was happy with everything. Paid me closed the assignment left good feedback and ratings. After 4 months suddenly he contacted with me and asking for refund. Because he think I coded the site wrongly. I asked him what is the wrong ! he told his site got hacked and he don't need it anymore( But the site is still live, so this is a story). I told him I have a backup for his site I can give him but he is not ready to take it. He just need refund. When I refused to refund him he started threatening me like, he will contact Odesk and my account will be suspended. I tried him to make the things understand but he is not ready to understand anything he is repeatedly asking for refund , not only that he is asking me for a settlement. Like if I refund him $150 he will not contact Odesk to suspend my account. It is something like he is blackmailing me because he knows very well my Odesk profile is very good all 10/10 ratings for all 34 projects and Odesk is my bread and butter. I am not sure if it is good place to post this issue and the name of the client. If any one can advise me I will be very happy. Thank you in advance. Mahesh ** *"Removed by admin"
Highlighted
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
2 of 4
is to contact oDesk yourself, before he does, and provide all the proof of what he is trying to pull. Include all of the messages he is sending, screenshots of the live site he says is not live, and all other relevant information.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
3 of 4
If he already closed the contract and left you feedback, there is no way for him to change it or hold you hostage via feedback blackmail. Forward your conversations to oDesk support, and stop talking to him. There is no way for him to get your account suspended, 4 months after a completed project, when you have no hand in his site being hacked from an outside source as he states.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
4 of 4
Turn the tables on him and accuse him of libel and defamation of character.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS