🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Close Account
Page options
cmasney
Community Member

Close Account

Early last month a family misfortune befell me. I'm unable to continue working for Upwork. I was advised by support to close all my active contract and request for one final withdrawal. I know I need to do verification but what's to point of sharing my private info if I'm no longer going to be working with you. I have since closed all my active contracts to be allowed to make one final withdrawal. Please accord me the same.

10 REPLIES 10
tlsanders
Community Member

You don't think it makes sense for them to make sure you are who you say you are before closing your account and cleaning out your balance?

It's odd to me that someone who found so much success so quickly would just fold up and leave.  I also don't think I would give up too much fuss about the verification to get my 1 grr.

I am sure everything is on the up and up here but if it wasn't, what would be the game?  Money laundering?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cynthia,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I see that our team has updated you via this support ticket and addressed your concern. Please refer to the ticket for additional details. Consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cmasney
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

Obviously Sheryl did not address my request. I wasn't satisfied that's why I sort redress here.

Bojan, did you happen to check out Cynthia's profile? The picture there is NOT the same person that appears in this thread next to her posts.

ETA: I was originally seeing a blonde woman pictured in this thread as the original poster. Now, that photo has been replaced by the same one that appears in Cynthia's profile. ???

joansands
Community Member

Bojan - The original post in this thread had a photo of a white woman with long blond hair. So, now there is a different photo and it is very mysterious. Is someone trying to get money they are not entitled to? I also did check the profile and at that time it had the picture of the blond woman but doesn't have that picture now. Is Upwork getting hacked?

Quick of you to jump into conclusions.

Cynthia, the conclusion I jumped to was that someone was trying to close your account and clear your balance without your knowledge. The photo that initially appeared next to your comments on this thread was not you. Maybe there's some kind of bug in the forum and it's scrambling profile photos. If not, then something does seem amiss.

Phyllis G wrote:

Cynthia, the conclusion I jumped to was that someone was trying to close your account and clear your balance without your knowledge. The photo that initially appeared next to your comments on this thread was not you. Maybe there's some kind of bug in the forum and it's scrambling profile photos. If not, then something does seem amiss.

I like how you're wording this. xD

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

I took a note of your concerns but won't be able to discuss the details about Cynthia's account status and verification here.

Cynthia, I see you were able to connect with the team via chat and we'll continue assisting you directly.

This thread will be closed for further replies.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members