cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close My account

Highlighted
Kuldeep D Member Since: Oct 16, 2013
1 of 9
Hi, I was working in a software firm and there I was added as a contractor with associated agency. I resigned from that firm but still firm is using my ID and account. I don't have its username/password. Currently I am starting as freelancer. I want either to get that username/password so I can use that one or close that account. Please let me know is it possible to get my account credentials. or may I close that account from my side. Thanks and regards! Kuldeep Dwivedi
Highlighted
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
2 of 9
The agency should not withhold your login details, please contact Customer Support so that they can contact the agency on your behalf or else help you disassociate your account from the agency.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 9

Kuldeep,

You definitely didn't do anything wrong, but this is exactly the type of stunt that causes many clients to refuse to do business with agencies.

I'm certain there are many quality agencies, but there are others that do not deal honestly with clients. There is widespread belief that when you hire an agency you'll never really know who is doing the work on your project, because an agency will use a pool of contractor accounts worked on by whomever they decide to assign to work on a project, and often work will be done by less experienced people than actually own the contractor account being used..

Highlighted
Ermira A Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
4 of 9

How to close my account here?,, 

Cant find that green button to close the account?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 9

Hi Ermira,

In order to close your account, please, click on your picture in the upper-right corner and go to your Settings. Then go to the Contact Info section and you should be able to see the link to close your account on the right. If closing your account that way will not work, please contact Customer Support.

Note, that once your account is closed, you will not be able to open a new account on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
6 of 9

I am surprised that you don't have login details of your Upwork/oDesk account and you can post in forums.  Confused.

Highlighted
Md A Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
7 of 9

Hi upwork!

I want to deactive all acounts ehich are created with my information with out this account. It's possible ? If i possible then please help me. i have created a new account and i want to use this account permanently. I can send you my National ID card and informations. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Md A Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
8 of 9

I want to deactive all acounts which are created by my information without this account. It's possible ? If it possible then please help me. I created this account and i want to use this account permanently. I can send you my National ID card and informations. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
9 of 9

What do you mean by 'All accounts'? Did you created few more accounts? It is totally against ToS of UW.

Contact CS directly to avoid a ban.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS