🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Close contracts?
Page options
tomzilla1
Community Member

Close contracts?

I have 40 some open contracts - some are long term, some are dormant. Should I close some? Never been an issue but recently got invites and potentials were asking about the 40 open contracts and even though I explain to them the situation, seems like it is holding back on some potentials they think I may not have time for them?

3 REPLIES 3
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

If you close a contract, you are required to leave feedback and the client receives an email inviting them to leave feedback. If they don't bother, then it becomes a 'no feedback' contract. A few of those are not a problem but if you have too many, relative to the number of closed contracts with feedback, it can hurt you. (Nobody knows how many is too many.) This makes it necessary to tidy up gradually. Whenever a client closes a contract and leaves fb, you can close one of the idle ones. That way, you don't get out of balance. OTOH, an idle contract that earned money at some point will never hurt you except if prospective clients are skittish about your bandwidth. But if they don't think enough of your profile to take your word for it that you have availability, then would they maybe be PITAs anyway? 

I see. What about some profiles with 100% but then you look at their reviews it's bunch of no feedbacks... seems like a trick or loophole?

I think the Upwork article that mentions it uses the word excessive. That could mean anything.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths