🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Close my account or I will take further l...
Page options
lscott7
Community Member

Close my account or I will take further legal action!

Hello,

I have been on Odesk for a while then when it turned into UpWork, it messed up some things I do not agree with. There were some previous clients back in mid to late 2000's that I've done projects for posting ads. When you guys turned into UpWork, I was told my account was suspended due to that since you guys have a different terms and conditions now about ad posting. So at this time, this being a new year and a new decade, my account is still suspended as this day! When will this suspension come off so I can close my freakin account??? This is very irritating. If I don't have this suspension removed, I am sorry but I will have to take legal action against UpWork! To me this is the worst freelancing site ever. I miss Odesk so much. Please, take my suspension off and just delete my account or just allow me do to so. I am very very upset to come on here to try to close my account and its still under suspension to idk how long. I feel this is really really stupid if I am under suspension, it should just be closed because I never use this site. Please please just close my account. I don't want anything else to do with UpWork. I do not have the following:

- Close all open contracts
- Close all open proposals
- Resolve any limitations on your account
- Ensure all payments have been received and withdrawn from Upwork

So why am I still under suspension after 1 1/2 decades ago??? Close my account please!!!
3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Latoya, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I checked your account and can confirm that your account was only put on hold last year. Are you referring to a different old account? 

~ Avery
Upwork
tlsanders
Community Member

Just out of curiosity, what is the "further legal action" you plan to pursue?

Tiffany S wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what is the "further legal action" you plan to pursue?

May be it's just a bluff to get desired results from Upwork. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths