🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Close the hanging project
Page options
krasnovsky
Community Member

Close the hanging project

The client does not answer. There are no active milestones on the project. And in general, from my side the project is complete, the source files have been sent. But in my profile, this project is in progress. How to close it without affecting the rating, or wait for a client response?

In one of the webinars were advised to send a message to the client. And if he does not answer for 3-4 days. Contact the support service. They should try to contact the client. And if he also does not answer or will answer, the support service will allow closing the contract.
Here I can not find a direct link to contact support.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Alexander K wrote:

And if he does not answer for 3-4 days. Contact the support service. They should try to contact the client.

There is absolutely no need to contact support and I would strongly advise you not to do so. The client is under no obligation to close the contract and would likely be justifiably irritated by you chasing Upwork after him. The client knows where to find the contract. If the client had wanted to close the contract, they would have done so.

Alexander K wrote:

And if he also does not answer or will answer, the support service will allow closing the contract.

That's nonsense! Whatever "webinar" you attended can't have been an Upwork one, you were given terrible advice.

Alexander K wrote:

How to close it without affecting the rating, or wait for a client response?

Closing a contract does not affect your JSS in any way, nor does leaving it open. If it has been many weeks since the client has last communicated with you, simply close the contract yourself - or leave it open? Under no circumstances should you harass the client by making Upwork chase after them,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Alexander K wrote:

And if he does not answer for 3-4 days. Contact the support service. They should try to contact the client.

There is absolutely no need to contact support and I would strongly advise you not to do so. The client is under no obligation to close the contract and would likely be justifiably irritated by you chasing Upwork after him. The client knows where to find the contract. If the client had wanted to close the contract, they would have done so.

Alexander K wrote:

And if he also does not answer or will answer, the support service will allow closing the contract.

That's nonsense! Whatever "webinar" you attended can't have been an Upwork one, you were given terrible advice.

Alexander K wrote:

How to close it without affecting the rating, or wait for a client response?

Closing a contract does not affect your JSS in any way, nor does leaving it open. If it has been many weeks since the client has last communicated with you, simply close the contract yourself - or leave it open? Under no circumstances should you harass the client by making Upwork chase after them,

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members