cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Email Account - Unable to use the email to create a new account

prompt_tech
Prompt T Member Since: Nov 10, 2017
1 of 10

I closed an account as it was not crated as per the needs. I needed to create another account with the same email address. Wherein, it says, email already exists and not allowing me to create an account. If I try to use the email account, it says, the account does not exist. I need to create an account with that particular email. Please guide me.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 10

You need to stop trying to create accounts and learn the rules first.

Your existing account may get suspended because it is a mess of a policy violation.

Your Upwork account has to be in your own legal and verifiable name, and your profile picture must be a clear photo of yourself.

You are not allowed to create new accounts at all.

prompt_tech
3 of 10

Hi, thanks for you time and reply. I have explained what went worng. Please check.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 10

Hello,

As Petra pointed out users can't create more than one account on Upwork. That's why an email can't be used more than once. It also looks like the account you used to post in the Community is your original account. Please, update it according to Upwork ToS and refrain from creating any new accounts.

~ Valeria
Upwork
prompt_tech
5 of 10

Hi Guys, thanks for all your views and I understand what went wrong with my communication. It was a friend of mine who opened up an account on his name wherein he wanted to have an agency account. His account was not authorzed and contacted support team. Since he could not change his account as agence from individual, he deleted the account as per the advice given. Later when he tried to create an agency account with the same email address, he was informed that the email was exixting wherein he closed the account and needed to open agency accont with the same email address. He could not get help from upwork support as he did not have an account and asked my help. I posted it from my account to know how to reactivate his account. It was not my account. Hope it is clear now. I should have been clear in my communication and my applogies.

Now because of this confusion, my account has been suspended. Hope I have clarified and request to release my account.

petra_r
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
6 of 10

@Prompt T wrote:

Now because of this confusion, my account has been suspended.

Your account is suspended because it is a walking, talking, screaming policy violation and by drawing attention to it you got yourself suspended.

View solution in original post

prompt_tech
7 of 10

I got it and accepted it was my mistake. Now I need my account to be released. Please guide me as to what needs to be done.

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 10

@Prompt T wrote:

I got it and accepted it was my mistake.

What was "your mistake?"

• Creating an account in a fake name?
  • Using a (terribly offputting, anyway) logo as a profile picture?
  • Making up some beep story about "a friend"?

or

• GETTING CAUGHT?
hfspeegle
Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
9 of 10

@Petra R wrote:

@Prompt T wrote:

I got it and accepted it was my mistake.

What was "your mistake?"

• Creating an account in a fake name?
  • Using a (terribly offputting, anyway) logo as a profile picture?
  • Making up some beep story about "a friend"?

or

• GETTING CAUGHT?

It seems his parents should have picked a more apt adjective than Prompt.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 10

oh the friend again. the friend is bad and all of these people with friends need better friends

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS