🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Closed contract feedback
Page options
frostymotion
Community Member

Closed contract feedback

Hi All,

When a contract is closed can a client still leave feedback? I have a couple of jobs that are complete and closed that don’t have feedback, I’m still working with the same client on new contracts and need them to leave feedback as it’s making my JSS look bad, I don’t want to hassle the client to go looking for how to leave feedback if it’s not possible now we have completed the contract but if it’s still possible and easy for them then I will ask.

Thanks
Jonny
6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Jonathan H wrote:
When a contract is closed can a client still leave feedback? 

For 14 days or when you enable them to change feedback. You can find the button to enable the client to change feedbac on the terms tab of the contract.

Jonathan H wrote:
I have a couple of jobs that are complete and closed that don’t have feedback, I’m still working with the same client on new contracts and need them to leave feedback as it’s making my JSS look bad

They probably don't affect your JSS (usually only contracts with nothing ever paid and contracts with poor private feedback do) but in future, just don't be so hasty in closing contracts, let the client close them, then you are guaranteed feedback.

Hi That’s great thanks so much for your help.
My JSS only shows as 66% I have completed 6 jobs and am still working on one, 3 of the jobs I received 5 star feedback and the other 3 I haven’t received any feedback but have been paid and two of those jobs I’m still working with the client on new jobs.

Why is my JSS only showing 66% I feel like this is hurting my hire rate as initially when I was new I received lots of reply’s to jobs now I have been applying for more jobs but don’t receive any reply’s, I feel that my JSS is affecting this for future clients.

Thanks
Stay safe

Jonathan H wrote:

Why is my JSS only showing 66% 

Did you have any contracts cancelled or end with nothing (ever) paid or have any open contracts that have been open for 2+ months with nothing (ever) paid? Otherwise someone left poor private feedback.

Hi Thanks for your replies.

I have one contract that was cancelled by a client that I had previously worked with, he said he couldn’t leave feedback so opened a new contract to leave feedback but then as he wasn’t going to pay for this again we agreed to cancel it, the contract is now showing as cancelled by client. All of the other contracts I can get feedback on as I’m still working with the client. Is there someone that can look in to this for me, I have all the messages from the client and I’m sure he will leave feedback on the original job, I have messaged him about this. How can I remove the cancelled contract that wasn’t needed?

Thanks for your help, this is really important to me to get rectified, in the current climate all the help I can get securing new jobs is paramount.

Thanks
Jonny
hartur
Community Member

Hi all,

About letting the clients close the contracts and leave feedback, In my experience, there is an incresing number of clients not closing contracts or leaving feedback.

You see, they are rushing in their every day tasks and once the job is done and they get what they their results, there is nothing that makes them come back and close the job. Once I believed that no feedback was bad for my stats and started asking old clients to please leave feedback some of them did it immediatly and some of them never replied, some others replied after weeks and that is because this platform is not a priority after the job is done comparing to running their business (that's my personal view abou it).

As a platform and as a system, it would be nice to have upwork to somehow manage the contract awareness to the client, like if no chat activity over two weeks will send them a message reminding of closing the contract or establishing new milestones, things like that.

Hope you all are safe and sound,

Hec.

I agree with Hector and also on my search for answers to my question I have seen this type of thread I’ve and over again, as a freelancer this site is vital but as a client many just come in to get one or two projects completed and then their use of the site is complete. I know the site has to provide a valid service to the client also which is really important as we want clients to trust the site and the freelancers but if you take a quick look at my job success score you’ll think I’m not a very good freelancer, however if you looked through all my messages and the service I have provided to my clients, mostly going above and beyond so I can get good feedback as I have only just started actively started using the site within the last three months you’ll see that the JSS doesn’t reflect the service I have provided. It feels a little unfair and hopefully my two clients I’m waiting for feedback on will provide it and Upwork will be able to help me rectify the one cancelled contract that my client raised in trying to help me out with feedback that he couldn’t find on the previous job.

Once again thanks to all of you for your time on replying.

Stay safe
Jonny
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members