Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed contract - review weekly timelog

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
1 of 2

Hello there,

Reposting this question as I had accidentally posted it in the wrong forum...

There is something I don't understand about the payment schedule. For 2 consecutive weeks I worked on an hourly job, adding time manually as agreed with the client. At the end of week 2 the client and I decided to close the contract because all work had been done. We were both happy.

We left each other good feedback and that was it. In the real world that means that our relationship has ended, by closing/ending a contract a client states that he/she is happy with the work provided and wants me to have the contractually agreed payment. ASAP.

However, this morning I received the standard oDesk message that I should review my weekly timelog for week 2 - but what for??

The contract is closed and I don't have a client anymore to review the timelog for the coming 5 days. Who is going to review it anyway? My ex-client? Why would oDesk hang on to my payment for another 10 days if the client decided that everything was OK and demonstrated this by closing the contract and leaving a 5-star feedback.

Many thanks,

Ela

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Ela,

Thank you for your question. I will be happy to try and explain. Hourly contracts follow the Work Week Schedule even after they are closed. Which means that if you worked on the contract last week and it was closed for example on Friday, your client will be charged on Monday and the client review period will last until Friday this week. Your earnings will become avalable to you on Wednesday the following week.

I hope this helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS