🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Closed contracts still active?
Page options
csibilevente
Community Member

Closed contracts still active?

Hi all,

I was offered two translation jobs in November and December. Both have been completed successfully. The client accepted the work but apparently forgot to approve the milestones and send the payment. Since the amount wasn't much, I didn't pay much of an attention to these two contracts. Then today, I noticed I still have these two contracts open. I contacted the client and asked him to close them down as successfully finished jobs. To my surprise, he responded he had already closed them down a while ago and when he clicks on the two contracts I was referring to, it says 'no access' to him, therefore no more action can be taken from his side. I checked my jobs again and these two contracts still appear as jobs in progress on my profile. I am also unable to give any feedback. I tried refreshing my profile in every ways I could think of, still the same.

I'm aware that contracts left open without any activity for long might seriously harm one's JSS, so I'm getting frustrated by this.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your ideas.

Levente
Translator
4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Levente C wrote:

I'm aware that contracts left open without any activity for long might seriously harm one's JSS, so I'm getting frustrated by this.

If you weren't paid anything for these contracts, then they'll impact your JSS even if the client (or you) close them. (The jobs weren't "completed successfully" if you didn't get paid.) The way that fixed price contracts work is that the client puts money in escrow, you submit your work using the "submit" button, and you get paid automatically. The client can't forget to pay you if you do this.

Hi Christine,

Maybe I wasn't very clear, sorry about that. Payment has been made (money in escrow was automatically funded after the 2 week period had passed). The job was completed successfully, and the client says he closed the contract and sees the contract as such ever since. 

Nevertheless, the two contracts I am referring to still appear both on my profile and in the 'All Contracts' tab as unfinished contracts. I tried refreshing, no success either. I never got the chance to give any feedback, I never got a notification that the contracts have been closed, and by now, both contracts have been inactive for quite a long time. 

dsmgdesign
Community Member

To check to see if a job is closed or not go to the "My Jobs" menu and select "My Jobs" to see your currently open contracts. You can also verify the ones that are closed by selecting "All Contracts" in the same menue. Don't check your profile, they can show in progress for awhile longer. 

Hi David,

I checked in the 'All Contracts' tab as well but it's the same. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members