🐈 Community
bentraje

Closing Completed Contracts

Hi, 

I have two contracts that are already completed but not yet closed. One from Nov 2017 and one from March 2018

For the Nov 2017, we have a mutual understanding that this should be already be closed. You can see the correspondence here: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

For the Nov 2017, I already contacted the Upwork support team. You can see the correspondence here:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I followed the instructions on the link in ending the contract on my end but there is still no progress. 

For the March 2018, this one is a bit tricky. I message the client several times regarding the matter but I got no response. You can see the correspondence here:

Needless to say, I am in good terms with the client. 

The reason of removing this completed contracts on my end is (1) Faithful reporting of earnings (2) it is somewhat discouraging when I apply a new job and the client asks if I can work with his project considering that I have an 2 existing project on my profile (which is already completed). 

I understand that ending the contract on my end will remove chances of rating. I am fine with that. I just want the contract list to be clean. 

Thank you for taking a look at my problem. 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r

Well, if you can't get in touch with the client, why don't you close the contracts yourself? Preferably one at a time,with some successfully completed contracts with feedback in between.

@Ben T wrote:

it is somewhat discouraging when I apply a new job and the client asks if I can work with his project considering that I have an 2 existing project on my profile (which is already completed).

Do clients really ask you that? I have a dozen open contracts, no client has EVER asked me that.

joanbonjoc

Hi Ben,

You can end your contract yourself by clicking on the three dots and click end contract. Go to My Jobs > All Contracts > choose the contract you wish to end. 2018-07-15 11_01_37-Window.jpg

Let us know if you still can't end the contract so we can assist you further.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Learning Paths