🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Closing Contract
Page options
d2b25f4d
Community Member

Closing Contract

I have been living a nightmare since two months ago with one client, the first time this happens to me.

This client proposed a contract and then changed/gave weird instructions that I have been trying to understand for a while, I have done different versions of what I understand she wants -according to an example she sent- and now she is not even answering my questions.

I was "top-rated" and I made the horrible mistake of not "submitting the work for payment" but instead I was sending my job without asking for payment until her approval.
Now, my badge was removed and I am still with the open contract. I told her that I could do more changes and even charge her less than we agreed just to finish it because I just want to close the contract and keep a good rating as a freelancer, but as I said, she does not reply.

What do you guys think I can do in order to close the contract?

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Genesis,

If you are working with a client and they become unresponsive for a long period of time, it may be best to stop working on the project and wait for contact from the client.

On a fixed-price contract, ending the contract forfeits any funds remaining in escrow. Instead, it is often best to complete your last milestone before you end the contract. If your client fails to respond to your submission, funds will be automatically released after 14 days. If they respond but refuse the work and you believe you have completed the work according to the agreed terms, you have the option to file a dispute. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members