🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Closing an inaccessible account
Page options
530ce07b
Community Member

Closing an inaccessible account

I made a new account in order to be able to contact support. I actually have an account that has 2-step verification enabled. It's been a while since I was active on Upwork, and I forgot to disable the two-step verification before I moved out here to Japan from America. Without access to my old phone number I can't get into the account, despite knowing the security answers to change my password and everything. Thinking about it more rationally, I think I am better off starting this new account than trying to revive my long inactive one, but I would like to close that account, so I may use that email address for this one. Is that possible?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maya,

Please note that it is a serious violation of the Upwork TOS to have multiple accounts. Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of your account so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Maya C wrote:

Thinking about it more rationally, I think I am better off starting this new account than trying to revive my long inactive one, but I would like to close that account, so I may use that email address for this one. Is that possible?

No, it is not possible! You need to get your old account back.

Fill out this form to get help accessing your old account, then close this one.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maya,

Please note that it is a serious violation of the Upwork TOS to have multiple accounts. Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of your account so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello! Would you please also assist me in closing an account? The account was created 3 years ago, under this email address:**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you,

Alma

Hi Alma,

As requested, the account you mentioned has been closed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

That's fast! Thank you very much for looking into it promptly! 🙂

My email is **Edited for Community Guidelines** please help me close this account its a multiple account i did.

Hi Eusebius,

I see that you've raised a ticket with the same concern. I can confirm that our support team has handled your request accordingly and completed it. The account in question is now closed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members