🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Closing contract of unresponsive client
Page options
rocketworkinc
Community Member

Closing contract of unresponsive client

I have a running where I haven't worked on contract after creation of milestone  because client fell ill and he haven't sent me the data to start the work.

Now I have to close the contract as its unactive for the long time. Is there any way to end it? without effecting my JSS. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Umar,

If a contract is closed by the freelancer, an email is sent to the client to notify them about it and to encourage them to leave feedback. If they don’t leave feedback, it will not affect the freelancer’s JSS negatively. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Umar,

If a contract is closed by the freelancer, an email is sent to the client to notify them about it and to encourage them to leave feedback. If they don’t leave feedback, it will not affect the freelancer’s JSS negatively. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

What should I do for active milestone?

Hi Umar,

If there is an active milestone on the contract you're referring to, it's often best to complete it before you end the contract, since ending the contract forfeits any funds remaining in escrow. If your client fails to respond to your submission, funds will be automatically released after 14 days. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths